NEWS IN BRIEF
- Northeast bond-watch. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30786, p25
Presents news items concerning the bond market in northeastern United States as of December 13, 1999. Includes Connecticut Ethics Commission's support for the proposed changes to the ethics laws that were drafted to curtail inappropriate activities by state leaders; Citizen bond sale offered by...
- Illinois to Sell $460M GO Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p1
The state of Illinois will sell 460 million dollar of general obligation bonds on May 28, 2003 following a downgrade by Fitch Ratings Inc. to AA from AA-plus. The state planned a sale of up to 4 billion dollar of taxable pension government obligations set for June 5, and the competitive sale of...
- Fitch: Corporate bond flows increase due to "safe haven" status. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;5/29/2012, p4
The article offers information on the report of Fitch Ratings Ltd. according to which there has been an increase in the inflows into European investment grade corporate bond funds. According to the report, the inflows are occurring due to the perception of safe haven among investors due to which...
- Fitch Boosts San Diego County to AA, Citing Reduced OPEB Liability. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/5/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32643, p36
The article reports on the upgrade of San Diego, California's long-term credit ratings to AA from AA-minus for outstanding pension obligation bonds and certificates of participation, and AA-plus assigned for general obligation rating, by Fitch Ratings Inc. The upgrade cited factors such as...
- OHIO: Columbus Airports Positive. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32591, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings has revised its outlook on A credit of Columbus Regional Airport Authority in Ohio from stable to positive as it prepares to sell $61 million of refunding bonds. The bonds, which are expected to sell in late March 2007, secured secured by the net revenues...
- Prognosis Negative. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31904, p35
Reports on the rating provided by Fitch Ratings Inc. to two series of bonds issued through the New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority on behalf of Pascack Valley Hospital in New Jersey.
- Furman Univ. S.C., Raised by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p2
Reports on the move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to upgrade the revenue bonds of Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina. Basis of the rating of the bonds; Reason for the upgrade of the rating; Manageability of the debt levels of the university.
- Market Post: San Joaquin Regains Marginal Strength. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;10/242014, Vol. 1 Issue F341, p25
The article reports developments in the U.S. bond market as of late October 2014. It claims that both the senior and junior lien San Joaquin Hills bonds rose to the top of the trading lists as it regains strength in secondary trading. The senior lien bonds were rated BBB-minus by both Standard &...
- Fitch Proposes Rating Criteria Changes on Tax-Supported Debt. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;9/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
Fitch Ratings released a draft on Thursday detailing changes to its U.S. tax-supported bond rating criteria. The rating agency said it expects less than 10% of the ratings covered would be affected.