Worst Week For BB 40 in Eight Years
- Market index. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/20/99, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p35
Presents data on the stock market performance in Michigan as of September 20, 1999. Dow Jones index; Trading; Bond index.
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/19/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p33
Presents a weekly stock analysis update in the United States as of February 19, 2001. Dow Jones index; Trading of stocks; Bond index; Municipal bond current market levels; Prices of selected commodities.
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p28
Presents an overview of the stock market condition in the U.S. for the period of December 22 to 29, 2003. Dow Jones index; Stock trading news; Bond Index.
- Veteran foresees stock plunge, but market may be at fair... Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;12/13/96, Vol. 89 Issue 14, p8
Presents the predictions of Philip Carret, that the Dow Jones industrial average could fall 1,000 points by the end of 1996. Citing of the performance of the average for December 11th, 1996; Comments from Arnold Moskowitz, an investment adviser; Reasons for Carret's predictions.
- Deflating the Dow. Burke, Gibbons // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug96, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Wealth-eroding bear market; Headline highs achieved by the industrial average; Construction of inflation-adjusted chart.
- November closed with the DOW continuing its advance and the financial indices accelerating. // Insurance Advocate;12/9/95, Vol. 106 Issue 48, p26
Reports on the Dow Jones Industrial Average for November 1995. Gain of the general market; Financial stocks; Insurance stocks.
- Market caught up on basics, drops. Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;2/20/96, Vol. 88 Issue 58, p8
Reports on the 97.9 decline of the Dow Jones industrial average. Comments from Richard Kopcke, financial-markets economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston; Reasons behind decline; Comments from Benjamin Edwards, head of A.G. Edwards & Sons.
- Dow drops and comebacks in perspective. staff // Christian Science Monitor;10/15/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 224, p14
Looks at how the Dow Jones industrial average reacted to a dozen major events, including the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.
- Split decisions. Stovall, Robert H. // Financial World;5/20/96, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p116
Focuses on the Dow Jones industrial average (DJIA). Volatility of the DJIA; Institution of a divisor in the DLIA to maintain a statistical relationship between the Dow Jones averages before and after 1928; Changes in the Dow Jones average since the 1890s.