Recasting employees into teams
- Signicast breaks ground on phase 2. // Foundry Management & Technology;Dec96, Vol. 124 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the groundbreaking for the second phase of the expansion of Signicast Corp.'s manufacturing facility in Hartford, Wisconsin in July 1996. Expected date of completion of the second phase; Features of the support center which was completed in December 1995.
- Investment Caster Signicast Given Innovation Award by State of Wisconsin. // Modern Casting;Apr2008, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p21
The article announces that Signicast Corp. has received the Manufacturing Process Innovation Award from the state government of Wisconsin.
- Signicast Starting $50-Million Expansion. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jun2011, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the 50 million dollars expansion of investment caster Signicast Corp. at its foundry located in Hartford, Wisconsin.
- New President, CEO at Signicast. // Foundry Management & Technology;May2012, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p10
The article announces that Todd McDonald, vice president of sales and marketing, was appointed as the new president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Signicast Corp.
- AUTOMATION HELPS SIGNICAST STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE. Selko, Adrienne // Industry Week/IW;Jul2008, Vol. 257 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses how Hartford, Wisconsin-based investment castings manufacturer Signicast Corp. reduces labor without cutting its workforce. The company reduced its production cycle from 30 days to 4.5 after opening its Module 1 manufacturing operation. It then added Module 3, which...
- Continuous Flow Manufacturing: A Model Of Success. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct2004, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p114
Discusses the attributes of the business success of Signicast Corp. based in Harford, Wisconsin. Company background; Computer systems of the company; Benefits of Mori Seiki SH-500/40 horizontal and SV-500/40 vertical machining centers purchased by the company.
- No Place Like Home. Cahill, Virginia D. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jul2007, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p19
The article focuses on the investment caster Signicast Corp. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Signicast was founded in Milwaukee in 1959 as a manufacturer of investment-cast metal signs. It was implemented based on the principles of Continuous Flow Manufacturing (CFM) and its core approach lies on a...
- SIGNICAST EARNS VOLVO QUALITY RECOGNITION. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug2006, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p19
The article reports that Signicast Corp. has earned a world class rating for quality and efficiency from Volvo Corp. The company is investing casting operation as part of the auto group's review and audit process. Volvo's officials assigned a rating of 87 to the operation of Signicast. The...
- Customer Receives Part Quickly Via Investment Casting. // Modern Casting;Oct2007, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p51
The article presents a case study on the use of the converted casting design from Signicast Corp. to reduce assembly time. A customer contacted Signicast with a consumer industrial connection tube they wanted to convert to metalcasting from sheet metal fabrication. It has reduced lead times to...