Bond Insurers: Building on 4Q Rebound, Ambac, MBIA Stocks Rise 1.8% in January
- S&P Reaffirms Ratins on Insurers With CDO Exposure. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31539, p6
Reports that U.S.-based ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. reaffirmed its ratings for five municipal bond insurers in the country with exposures to corporate collateralized debt obligations (CDO). Names of these insurers; Status of CDO credit performances in the country; Reasons for the...
- Why the S&P 500 stocks cost more. Duke, Suzanne; Potter, Debra // Medical Economics;12/23/96, Vol. 73 Issue 24, p19
Discusses the reasons for the high price of stocks in the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index in the United States. Additions and deletions to the benchmark index; Suggestions on purchasing stocks from S&P 500 companies.
- Effect of inclusion in S&P indexes varies. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;2/5/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p30
Reports the effect of Standard & Poor's (S&P) inclusion in major stock market indexes of the company. Increase of stock price for the S&P 500; Impact of including a company in the stocks of S&P 500; Findings of the study conducted by S&P on technology stocks.
- Standard & Poor's: Watch Out for RETT Correction. // National Mortgage News;4/17/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p17
The article reports on the stock price of real estate investment trusts in the U.S. forecasted by S& Poor's Equity Research Services. S&P sees that stock price of investment in real estate market has the tendency to decline. The company also warned that the S&P 1500 Real Estate Investment Trusts...
- Equities Shine Brightly Thanks to Energy. // Money;Jun2008, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p130
Several charts are presented that list the performance of equity stocks including the Standard and Poor's 500 sector averages, the top-performing stocks and highest-yielding Dow stocks.
- Black Friday Hangover: Retail Shares Plummet In Biggest Decline Ever. Clark, Evan; Ericksen, Kyle // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/2/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 115, p1
The article reports that the retail trade shares plummeted a record-breaking 9.3 percent on December 1, 2008. The Standard & Poor's Retail Index fell 24.41 points to 238.34 and registered its largest percentage drop since the index was recalibrated in June 2002. In the aftermath of this decline,...
- CAT bonds placed on negative watch. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Asset Securitization Report;6/12/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p10
The article discusses the probability of destruction brought about by hurricane and how companies, which focused on catastrophe bonds, are preparing for the disaster in the U.S. However, the bond market had already updated figures from agencies as per the risk of certificates of accrual on...
- S&P releases bond insurance yearbook. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;06/16/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30415, p33
Reports on Standard & Poor's `1998 Bond Insurance Book.' Contents of the book.
- Standard & Poor's revises methodology for structured deals. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30829, p29
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s introduction of revised methodology for calculating capital charges for structured municipal bond transactions backed by insurance. Benefits for municipal bond insurers; Percentage of housing and taxable structured deals comprising the insurers' overall...