OKLAHOMA: The Road to Garvees
- Grant to give airports lift. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p3
Reports that six airports in Northeast Ohio will receive grants under the Wendell H. Ford Aviation Investment Reform Act for the 21st Century (AIR 21) in 2001. Financial aid for the necessary capital improvements in the airports; Program goals of the AIR 21 government initiative.
- State seeks funds to aid trade corridor. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;03/08/99, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p1
Reports on Arizona's efforts to obtain federal funds for the proposed Western Canamex corridor. Application of the state under the Transportation Equity Act of the 21st Century; Key areas of the corridor's development which will be funded by the grant; Countries to be linked by the corridor.
- Trade corridor deserves leaders' full commitment. // Inside Tucson Business;03/08/99, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the efforts to develop the Canamex Corridor, a trade route linking Mexico, the United States and Canada. Benefits of the route's development to Arizona; Funding of construction work in the corridor by the United States government.
- Arizona a long shot for federal trade corridor grants. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;03/08/99, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p25
Reports on Arizona's efforts to obtain federal aid to help improve surface transportation along the Western Canamex Corridor. Application of the state under the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century; Other states vying for federal funds.
- Beltway moving toward east leg. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;06/25/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the qualification of an eastern extension of the beltway system for federal funding in Las Vegas, Nevada. Effects of the railroad extension on the transportation traffic; Routes of the beltway; Cost of alignment.
- Revised federal-aid highway funding formula introduced. // Point of Beginning;Sep96, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p10
Reports that Texas Representative Tom DeLay introduced a federal-aid highway funding formula last July 10, 1996 to ensure at least a 95 percent rate of return on each state's payments to the Department of Transportation's Highway Trust Fund.
- Key decisions due on funding for roads. Garvey, Charlotte S. // C&D Debris Recycling;May/Jun97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the founding of Coalition for TRUST, which aims to press Congress to increase federal funding for transportation and devote highway trust fund revenues solely to transportation. Annual highway spending level some governors and legislators are pressing for annually; Review of proposals...
- House outlines six-year $375 billion investment proposal for highways. // Pit & Quarry;Apr2003, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p48
Examines proposals that will increase investment in highways and transit projects in the United States. Public support for increased funding for federal highway and transit programs; Average cost of congestion for commuters; Measures to increase Highway Trust Fund revenues. INSET: Senators...
- Mixed report on N.J.'s transportation dollars. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;5/16/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p2
The article focuses on a New Jersey transportation report of Pew Center on the States which reveals that 5.1 billion U.S. dollars were invested in the transportation sector in the 2010 fiscal year.