Philadelphia School District Gets New CFO
- Spokane Public Schools to hire 51 teachers early. Valencia, Jessica // Journal of Business (10756124);2/28/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 5, pA6
The article reports that the Spokane Public Schools district in Washington is expected to hold an early round of hiring beginning March 1, 2013 to fill a number of full-time teaching positions for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- READERS REPLY. MOLES, JACK; GONZALEZ-ALCANTAR, DALINDA; HUMBERT, RITA // School Administrator;Jan2013, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "What We Learned in Rebuilding Our Offices," by Stephen Joel in the October 2012 issue, Cody Cunningham's article on school district applications in the September 2012 issue, and "Hiring for...
- Applying Credibility to Teacher Hiring. Longo, R. Gerard // School Administrator;May2003, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p35
Focuses on the Hire the Best teacher hiring policy of the Quaker Valley School District in Sewickley, Pennsylvania. Participants in the hiring process; Details of the hiring process based on the policy; Importance given to the demonstration lesson.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. Carroll, Catherine A. // Education Week;12/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p5
This article reports on appointments in the field of education. M. Magdalena Carrillo Mejia was recently named the superintendent of California's Sacramento City Unified School District, making her the first woman and Latino to lead the 51,000-student system. Rebecca A. Palacios has been elected...
- Hiring for Attitude. HUCKABY, DAWN EGAMI // School Administrator;Aug2012, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p30
The article illustrates how the Washoe County School District (WCSD) in Nevada has implemented a new strategic plan, Envision WCSD 2015 Investing on Our Future, to push aggressive reforms in employee hiring. It informs that the district looks beyond the credentials of prospective teachers to...
- TALK ABOUT A SCHOOL DAZE! Boser, Ulrich // U.S. News & World Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on how school districts have had a difficult time finding teachers because of a failure to follow up on applications. Example seen in an Eastern district; Frustration felt by teachers trying to find work.
- Detroit's school board narrows CEO search. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;11/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p6
Reports on the Detroit Public Schools reform board of education's scheduled public meetings to screen potential chief executive officer candidates. List of persons to be interviewed; Final selection on December 15, 1999.
- Calif. schools expand bread offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Highlights the hiring of a pastry consultant by the Kern High School District in Bakersfield, California, for its central bakery. Impetus for the hiring of a pastry consultant; Comments from food service director, Mary Kay Hammans; Benefits realized by the hiring of the pastry consultant.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p39
Reports developments related to the bond market in the Midwestern United States as of May 2001. Appointment of Michael Scott as president of the Chicago Board of Education; Ratification of the Illinois state budget; Decrease in local-option sales tax of Polk County School District in Iowa.