District of Columbia: Washington Facing Large Cut in 2003 Federal Funding
- Statement on Senate Action on the Budget Resolution April; 11, 2003. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/21/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p435
Presents the text of a statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on April 11, 2003, which deals with the Senate action on the budget resolution.
- The Administration's Budget Request. // Congressional Digest;Dec2003, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p290
Focuses on President George W. Bush's budget request for funding for Iraq, Afghanistan and the war on terror. Basic elements of the request; Long-term costs; Impact on the federal budget.
- 2003 Appropriations Approved; NIH, NCI Receive Increase. Arnold, Katherine // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;3/19/2003, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p428
Reports that U.S. President George W. Bush signed off a fiscal year 2003 omnibus appropriations bill that provides funding for government agencies that have been operating at fiscal year 2002 funding levels. Percentage of increase over 2002 spending levels.
- President Bush Asks for $379.9 Billion for Defense. // Army Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p6
Reports on U.S. President George W. Bush' request for $379.9 billion defense budget. Portion allocated to the Army; Budget breakdown for different appropriation groups.
- NSF Budget Doubling Stalls, but Increases Likely. Dawson, Jim // Physics Today;Dec2002, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p25
Reports on the proposal to increase the budget of U.S. National Institutes of Health. Imbalance in the federal science and technology portfolio; Enactment of Investing in America's Future Act; Possibility for the U.S. Congress to pass a funding bill that increases the U.S. National Science...
- The Grand Old Spending Party. Slivinski, Stephen // USA Today Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 134 Issue 2722, p16
Examines growth in total inflation-adjusted government spending in the U.S. under the administration of President George W. Bush. Information on the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities' analysis of the reason behind the increase in domestic spending; Program terminations and budget cuts to...
- Housing: HUD Budget Calls for Boost in Section 8 Vouchers. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p6
Reports that the U.S. President George W. Bush unveiled a multi billion fiscal 2003 Department of Housing and Urban Development budget that includes a proposal on the boost in Section 8 vouchers as of February 5, 2002. Programs included in the proposed budget; Comments of the executive director...
- President signs fiscal 2003 funding measure. // AHA News;2/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the spending legislation signed by U.S. President George W. Bush for 2003. Allocation for bioterrorism preparedness; Education incentives for medical school curriculums.
- Faith Based Bias: How The White House Is Tilting The Playing Field. // Church & State;Sep2003, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p14
Editorial. Comments on the faith-based initiative of U.S. President George W. Bush. Objective of the initiative; Priority of religious groups by Bush; Denial of federal funding to local service organizations by the administration.