How technology will change the workplace
- 60 HR predictions for 2008. // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p50
Presents the top ten predictions in different areas of work in the United States for the year 2008. Workplace flexibility; Global business; Work and society; Workforce development; Definition of jobs; Strategic role of human resource professionals.
- Technology, Work, and Social Change. MARTIN LIPSET, SEYMOUR; RIDLEN RAY, MARCELLA // Journal of Labor Research;Fall96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p613
Examines the impact of technological advancement on the world of work and the subsequent effect on leisure, education and social stratification of America. Devolution of mass production; Growth of alternative types of employment in response trends in the labor market; Instability and strain on...
- UPCOMING in the next issue of Foresight. // Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting;Apr2011, Issue 21, p24
The article offers a list of the topics on the upcoming issue of "Foresight" which include the guiding principles of the forecasting process, the role of technology in the process of forecasting, and a case study on the forecasting for temperate-controlled shipping.
- How the iPhone Is Changing Banking. Ellison, Michael // American Banker;12/21/2012, Vol. 177 Issue F349, p8
The article opines the iPhone smartphone and technological innovations such as video chat, cashless payments, and location awareness have changed consumers' banking behavior and also predicts customer loyalty will increase and bank branches are not likely to be eliminated.
- Doomsday Scenarios: How the World May Go On Without Us. Eckersley, Richard // Futurist;Nov-Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p20
Forecasts the impact of technological innovations and population growth on humans by the year 2050. Possibility of the transformation and the extinction of humans; How to deal with the changes; Discussion on three possible scenarios of how people can respond to the changes.
- Compromise is key as society and technology rapidly advance. Smith, Hilary // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p22
Reflects on the way technological changes are likely to impact society in the 21st century. Human reaction to technology and technological advances; Loss of collaboration in the workplace; Technologies that make information sharing easier; Popular methods of communication; Children's reaction...
- Workplace Flexibility and the Changing Nature of Work: An Introduction. Dastmalchian, Ali; Blyton, Paul // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Introduces several articles about workplace flexibility and the changing nature of work. Introduction of high performance work practices; Source of tension between flexibility and other human resource practices; Arguments concerning organizational flexibility.
- The undisputable advantages of an employee-friendly workplace. Dreyer, R.S. // Supervision;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p19
Presents a conversation on the advantages of employee-friendly workplaces. Concerns on absences; Flex-time arrangements; Provision of care to employee dependents.
- Signs of the times. Galagan, Patricia; Wulf, Katie // Training & Development;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p32
Provides facts and figures about work, learning and careers to help uncover trends in the workplace as well as human resource development and management. Changing landscape; Virtual workplace; Careers; Training industry; Portents; Words of wisdom; Future prospects; Ironies; Measuring the...