News In Brief: Fauquier Hospital, Va., Cut by S&P
- S&P Cuts Hudson County, N.J., Waste Debt to BB. // Bond Buyer;12/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32274, p2
This article reports that there is a decline in the ratings of Hudson County, New Jersey-based Improvement Authority's solid-waste system revenue bonds. Standard & Poor's Corp., has lowered its rating on the bonds to BB from BBB-minus. Economists have predicted that the change is made as these...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch LOUISIANA. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p31
Reports on upgradation in ratings assigned to debt issued for Louisiana-based Lincoln Health System by ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. Reason behind the upgradation of debt ratings; Impact of upgradation of ratings on market status of the health system.
- N.Y. City Hurries to Sell $2.6B MAC Deal Before Pataki Stops It. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p1
Reports on the sale of deal to refinance debt issued by Municipal Assistance Corp. during fiscal crisis of New York in the 1970's before New York Governor George E. Pataki can stop it. Rating assigned by rating agency Standard and Poor's Corp.; Expected date of sale of the debt; Company that...
- S&P Raises $3B of Indiana's Debt as Toil Road Talks Continue. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p24
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s raising of its rating on more than three billion dollars of Indiana's outstanding lease and moral obligation debt. The 2.4 billion dollar lease obligation debt has been upgraded by the rating agency from AA-minus to AA and 664 million dollar of...
- Nanticoke Health Downgrade. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p35
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s downgrade of hospital and revenue refunding bonds issued for Nanticoke Health Services by the Delaware Health Facilities Authority. Rating was lowered to BBB-plus from A-minus, keeping a negative outlook on the debt. Following the downgrade,...
- Littleton's Little Boost. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p35
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrade of its rating on Littleton Regional Hospital to BB-plus from BB. Based on a report issued in the last week of June 2006, the bonds could reach investment grade by the end of 2007. The upgrade affects about $24.1 million of debt and applies...
- Michigan's GO Outlook Negative. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p1
The article reports on the economic forecast by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the outstanding general obligation debt of Michigan. For the week ended August 11, 2006, the credit rating agency changed its outlook on the state's debt to negative from stable, citing the repeal of the single business...
- S&P Revises Outlook On Orange SD, Ohio. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p2
Reports on Standard & Poor's revision of the outlook on Orange School District, Ohio's outstanding school improvement bonds, from stable to positive. Potential for upward rating movement; Affirmation of the AA-plus rating on bonds.
- Imlay City Increase. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p33
Focuses on the improvement of rating on the limited tax general obligation debt for Imlay City, Michigan to BBB from BBB-minus according to Standard & Poor's Corp.