News In Brief: Fauquier Hospital, Va., Cut by S&P
- S&P Cuts Hudson County, N.J., Waste Debt to BB. // Bond Buyer;12/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32274, p2
This article reports that there is a decline in the ratings of Hudson County, New Jersey-based Improvement Authority's solid-waste system revenue bonds. Standard & Poor's Corp., has lowered its rating on the bonds to BB from BBB-minus. Economists have predicted that the change is made as these...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch LOUISIANA. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p31
Reports on upgradation in ratings assigned to debt issued for Louisiana-based Lincoln Health System by ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. Reason behind the upgradation of debt ratings; Impact of upgradation of ratings on market status of the health system.
- S&P Revises Outlook On Orange SD, Ohio. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p2
Reports on Standard & Poor's revision of the outlook on Orange School District, Ohio's outstanding school improvement bonds, from stable to positive. Potential for upward rating movement; Affirmation of the AA-plus rating on bonds.
- Imlay City Increase. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p33
Focuses on the improvement of rating on the limited tax general obligation debt for Imlay City, Michigan to BBB from BBB-minus according to Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P Rewards Spokane, Wash., With Upgrade to AA-Minus. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p3
No abstract available.
- Houston-Area Health Care System's $1.1B of Debt Dropped to A By S&P. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;12/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32766, p39
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded its rating on $1.1 billion of debt issued for the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System in Houston, Texas. The author discusses the factors that influenced the performance of the rating on several of bonds issued by the Harris County...
- TEXAS: S&P Hikes DFW Car Debt. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;12/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32776, p9
The article reports on the credit rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. over the two series of rental car facility charge bonds issued by the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Facilities Improvement Corp. The rating agency upgraded the Series 1998 and Series 1999 bonds' rating to...
- OREGON: College District Gets Boost. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/4/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32850, p9
The article reports on the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the general obligation (GO) bonds of Linn-Benton Community College District in Oregon. The credit rating agency upgraded the district's GO bonds to AA-minus from A-plus. It also assigned a AA-minus to the district's $3.5...
- Washington Rises. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/10/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32545, p27
The article reports on the rise in Washington D.C.'s debt rating to A-plus from A based on Standard & Poor's Corp. The rise involved the citation of the city's expanding tax base, solid reserves and prudent management. The rating shows the city's position as a retail trade center for Franklin...