News In Brief: Chicago Fed NAI Rises to -0.77
- Chicago Fed Symposium Sees GDP Slower in 2015. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;6/1/2015, p1
Real gross domestic product growth will slow to 2.1% this year from 2.4% last year before surging to 2.7% in 2016, according to participants in the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago annual Automotive Outlook Symposium.
- Chicago Fed NAI At Negative 1.21. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p2
Reports on the change in the Chicago Fed National Activity Index for November 2001 according to the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. Status of the moving average of index prices for the last three months.
- The Nat'l Financial Conditions. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/20/2015, pA02
The article reports on the unchanged rate of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's National Financial Conditions Index during the week of August 14, 2015.
- Economy shifts to a lower gear in 2001. Strauss, William A.; Munley, Michael // Chicago Fed Letter;Feb2001, Issue 162a, p1
Summarizes the presentations at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's Outlook Symposium held on December 1, 2000, which forecasted the economic condition in the United States. Forecasters' expectations for 2001; Discussion on credit conditions and consumer spending; Outlook for the steel industry.
- Moskow: Economy Aided by Productivity. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;05/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31133, p2
Highlights the optimism of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's economists about the underlying long-term health of the United States economy because of productivity. Downshift in consumer and capital spending growth; Inventory corrections.
- Financial conditions tightened. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/12/2015, pA02
The article announces the tightened financial conditions of the U.S. in the week ended February 6, 2015, according to the National Financial Conditions Index of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Chicago Fed Index Rises 0.4% in July to 106.3. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32950, p2
The article reports on the increase in the Chicago Fed Midwest Manufacturing Index in July 2008 in Illinois. According to the report from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, the index has increased 0.4 percent to a seasonally adjusted level of 106.3. The industrial production index for...
- Chicago Fed Index Dips to Negative 0.91. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32800, p2
The article reports on the decrease of the Chicago Fed National Activity Index (CFNAI) for December 2007 in Illinois. The decrease was seen as negative 0.91, down from negative 0.29 in November of the same year. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago revealed that the three-month moving average...
- Economic Outlook Symposium: Summary of 2010 results and forecasts for 2011. Strauss, William A. // Chicago Fed Letter;Feb2011, Issue 283, p1
The article focuses on the summary of results from the 2010 Economic Outlook Symposium (EOS) held on December 3, 2010 by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the economic forecast for the U.S. for 2011. It mentions that the unemployment rate in the U.S. increased ton 10 percent in 2009 from 5...