Security Takes Priority
- Housing: HUD Budget Calls for Boost in Section 8 Vouchers. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p6
Reports that the U.S. President George W. Bush unveiled a multi billion fiscal 2003 Department of Housing and Urban Development budget that includes a proposal on the boost in Section 8 vouchers as of February 5, 2002. Programs included in the proposed budget; Comments of the executive director...
- Bird-dogging Bush's budget. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 90, p9
Discusses the outlook for the United States budget, in light of the idea that the administration of president George W. Bush is being purposely obscure regarding a proposed tax cut.
- Budget Highlights for FY 2003. Ferman, John H. // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p74
Reports the increase of medicare spending in the budget plan of president, George W. Bush in the U.S. Elimination of upper payment limits for non-state owned hospitals; Consideration of medicare payment reductions; Proposed provisions for Medicaid and State Children's Health Insurance Program.
- Bush freezes transit budget. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2003, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p120
Reports on the budget proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush for the 2003 and 2004 financial year. Increase in funds to be provided by local sources for public transport schemes; Cost of funds allocated to the fixed guideway modernization program; List of projects identified for funding.
- President Bush Requests $14 Billion for the War on Terror. // Army Magazine;May2002, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p8
Reports the request of U.S. President George W. Bush for a supplemental budget. Amount requested by Bush; Allocation of the supplemental budget; Legislation for homeland security.
- Budget cuts threaten ag research. // Southeast Farm Press;4/6/2005, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that proposed cuts in U.S. President George W. Bush's budget request for FY 2006 would jeopardize the future of Alabama's agricultural and forestry research program and deal a blow to the state's economy. Under the president's budget proposal, all funding for programs that...
- Senators Bond, Mikulski Blast Bush HUD Budget Blueprint. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p4
No abstract available.
- Budget Aims For Simpler Tax Code. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p1
Reports on contents of the fiscal 2003 budget package of the U.S. which was unveiled by President George W. Bush's administration. Tax proposals in the budget that would directly affect the municipal bond market; Impact of the lack of multiple bond proposals on market participants; Effects of...
- Muncipal Debt: Cost of Tax Exemption to Treasury Pegged at $28.9 Billion. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p5
Reports on the fiscal 2003 budget estimates made by the U.S. President George W. Bush. Cause for the revenue loss in fiscal 2003; Impact of the private activity bond volume cap on the tax exemption for interest paid of all municipal bonds; Increase in the cost of tax exemption for all bonds in...