- Faith, Family, Force. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p32
Features the Aland family and their philosophy of 'Faith, family and force.' Challenges of family life presented to 1st Air Force Sean Aland, wife Terry and 11 children; Philosophy practiced in daily life of the family. INSETS: The Aland kida at a glance;Aland's force.
- The Family Business. Greeley, Jim // Airman;Apr2001, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the children of military personnel in the United States. Challenges faced by children of military personnel; Advantages of having parents in the military.
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.
- More pilots choose Jettas over fighter jets. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p3
Focuses on how the United States Air Force will push their men to cover for the shortage of pilots.
- Jeppesen approaches: Why can't we just use them? Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jun96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the use of Jeppesen approaches by United States Air Force aircrew for the performance of their mission. Scenario to frame the discussion; Points taken from the AFI 11-206 General Flight Rules; Cases where the approach may be allowed; Question of who should review Jeppesen procedures;...
- Buy, but don't fly. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/2/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 14, p19
Reports on the unusual air force crewing of new C-33A/Boeing 747-400 squadrons bought to supplement the C-17 fleet.