The Secret Life of Shakey the Pig
- Fetus, don't fail me now. Hughes, Robert // New Yorker;10/5/92, Vol. 68 Issue 33, p67
Discusses how the mascot for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia, named Whatizit, resembles a fetus and reflects how the issue of abortion in the United States has gone from being a fetish of the religious right to an Olympic mascot. What this says about how we view the issue of...
- The Puffy Taco. Patoski, Joe Nick // Texas Monthly;Aug92, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p78
Reports on the Puffy Taco, the mascot of the San Antonio Missions baseball team of the Texas League. Description; How the Puffy Taco was created; Entertainment value.
- Getting off easy. Hayes, L. // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb92, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p490
Comments on the continuing controversy over whether sports teams should use Native American nicknames. Atlanta Braves `tomahawk chop'; Dartmouth College; Stanford University.
- CATCHING A BUZZ. Riley, Betsy; Dyer, Candice // Atlanta;Mar2003, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on mascots. Details of the mascot Buzz of the Georgia Tech Clowns in Atlanta; Behavior of the mascot in basketball games; Award received by the mascot; Average weight of mascot costumes.
- Itzacardholder. // American Libraries;Oct93, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p805
Pictures WHATIZIT, the official mascot of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games, who was presented his/her/its own library card to the Chatham-Effingham-Liberty Counties Regional Library in Savannah, Georgia as part of its ITZAREADER campaign.
- Boomer is probably booked for that weekend. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/08/96, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p2
Features mascots in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Let's go, slugs! Binswangaer, C.K.; Taudte, Jeca // Newsweek;9/8/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p8
Offers the names of the mascots of several college sports teams. Banana Slugs from the University of California at Santa Cruz; The Geoducks of Evergreen State; The Nads of Rhode Island School of Design; The Poets of Whittier College; Others.
- He feels like a nut all the time. // AutoWeek;7/25/94, Vol. 44 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the official mascot of the Charlotte Motor Speedway called the Lug Nut. Description of the mascot; Message to the youth.
- Could it be the new Chicken? Penguin mascot is flying high. Van Housen, Caty // San Diego Business Journal;8/23/93, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p12
Features the penguin mascot, Shade B Cool. Mascot of radio station KCLX, Digi Sports and Pro Kennex; Spokesperson for the California Highway Patrol's `Think Before You Drink' campaign; Creator Jay Danneman; Activities.