The Secret Life of Shakey the Pig
- Fetus, don't fail me now. Hughes, Robert // New Yorker;10/5/92, Vol. 68 Issue 33, p67
Discusses how the mascot for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia, named Whatizit, resembles a fetus and reflects how the issue of abortion in the United States has gone from being a fetish of the religious right to an Olympic mascot. What this says about how we view the issue of...
- The Puffy Taco. Patoski, Joe Nick // Texas Monthly;Aug92, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p78
Reports on the Puffy Taco, the mascot of the San Antonio Missions baseball team of the Texas League. Description; How the Puffy Taco was created; Entertainment value.
- Getting off easy. Hayes, L. // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb92, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p490
Comments on the continuing controversy over whether sports teams should use Native American nicknames. Atlanta Braves `tomahawk chop'; Dartmouth College; Stanford University.
- CATCHING A BUZZ. Riley, Betsy; Dyer, Candice // Atlanta;Mar2003, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on mascots. Details of the mascot Buzz of the Georgia Tech Clowns in Atlanta; Behavior of the mascot in basketball games; Award received by the mascot; Average weight of mascot costumes.
- Itzacardholder. // American Libraries;Oct93, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p805
Pictures WHATIZIT, the official mascot of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games, who was presented his/her/its own library card to the Chatham-Effingham-Liberty Counties Regional Library in Savannah, Georgia as part of its ITZAREADER campaign.
- Boomer is probably booked for that weekend. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/08/96, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p2
Features mascots in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Let's go, slugs! Binswangaer, C.K.; Taudte, Jeca // Newsweek;9/8/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p8
Offers the names of the mascots of several college sports teams. Banana Slugs from the University of California at Santa Cruz; The Geoducks of Evergreen State; The Nads of Rhode Island School of Design; The Poets of Whittier College; Others.
- Could it be the new Chicken? Penguin mascot is flying high. Van Housen, Caty // San Diego Business Journal;8/23/93, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p12
Features the penguin mascot, Shade B Cool. Mascot of radio station KCLX, Digi Sports and Pro Kennex; Spokesperson for the California Highway Patrol's `Think Before You Drink' campaign; Creator Jay Danneman; Activities.
- I hope the Redskins lose. Giago, T. // Newsweek;1/27/1992, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p8
Opinion. States the opinion that the national media have finally caught on to the complaints American Indians have been voicing for years. The media will gather in Minneapolis for Super Bowl Sunday on Jan. 26 to cover what will be the largest protest by American Indians against a professional...