- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.
- More pilots choose Jettas over fighter jets. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p3
Focuses on how the United States Air Force will push their men to cover for the shortage of pilots.
- Jeppesen approaches: Why can't we just use them? Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jun96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the use of Jeppesen approaches by United States Air Force aircrew for the performance of their mission. Scenario to frame the discussion; Points taken from the AFI 11-206 General Flight Rules; Cases where the approach may be allowed; Question of who should review Jeppesen procedures;...
- Buy, but don't fly. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/2/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 14, p19
Reports on the unusual air force crewing of new C-33A/Boeing 747-400 squadrons bought to supplement the C-17 fleet.
- Aiming high. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/16/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the personnel retention studies that will be discussed by a meeting of the US Air Force. Preparation of pilots for airlines service; Possible increased production of navigators and electronic warfare officers.
- Airman Update. // Airman;May99, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p14
Presents news briefs related to airmen in the United States (US) Air Force as of May 1999. Selection rate for promotion to senior master sergeant in the US Air Force; Plans of US Air Force personnel officials to liberalize the high-year-of-tenure extension policy; Update from the US Air Force...