KIDS & TURTLES... a natural attraction
- Behold, the turtle. Van Pelt, Jan M. // Hopscotch;Apr/May96, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p18
Discusses the advantages of having turtles as pets. Increasing popularity of turtle aquariums; Characteristics of the red-ear slider turtle; Tips in selecting healthy turtles; Characteristics of a good turtle aquarium. INSET: What to feed your turtle..
- Better isn't always better. Reeves, Earle // Hopscotch;Apr/May96, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the author's experiences with his pet turtles. Turtles' unwillingness to change their residence; Description of the turtles' old and new burrows; Turtles' streak of independence.
- Fred's World. // Boys' Quest;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on a pet turtle who always tucks his head in his shell when approached.
- TURTLE POWER. Lewsen, Simon // Walrus;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p23
The article maintains that turtles were once a favoured accessory during the French aristocracy in the 19th century, where gentlemen in fine clothes were seen walking a turtle on a leash.
- Glossary. // Turtles (9781562397845);1997, p30
A glossary of terms related to pet turtles is presented.
- Index. // Turtles (9781562397845);1997, p32
A subject index for the book "Turtles," by Ann Larkin Hansen is presented.
- J.T.'s Adventure. Cully, Christine French // Highlights;Feb2015, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p4
The author addresses the story over J.T., the box turtle of her son.
- THE TALK OF THE TOWN: The Mechanical Age. // New Yorker;10/29/1966, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p52
The article narrates a story of how a live turtle has been rubbed several times along the carpet out of curiosity of its master.
- Turtle Love. // Country Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p28
Presents information on box turtles. Anecdotes of the author about the box turtles she has cared for; Epidemics among box turtles; Description of long-term captive box turtles' health.