RELAX!!! You're On Vacation!
- Across the state by canoe. Blanpied, Eloise; Blanpied, Dave // Conservationist;Aug94, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p24
Features canals that make up the New York State Canal System. Erie Canal; Cayuga-Seneca Canal; Oswego Canal; Champlain Canal.
- The Erie Canal Today. Dunn, John F. // U.S. Stamp News;Oct2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p29
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of a trip to Erie Canal.
- 1825. // American Heritage;Nov2000, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p89
Reports on the opening of the Erie Canal in New York in 1825. Arrival of the steamer Chancellor Livingston towing a canalboat named Seneca Chief; Ceremony symbolizing the 'Wedding of the Water.'
- Erie Canal…. // Monkeyshines on America;Jan2003 U.S. Events 1812-1837, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on significance of Erie Canal for trade in New York.
- EXPLORING THE ERIE CANAL. Clark, Ellen // TravelAmerica;May/Jun2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p60
Explores the Erie Canal in New York. Historical background on the canal; Information on the boat trips to the canal.
- Canal Corridor initiative in CNY. Hubbard, Kim L. // Business Journal (Central New York);04/30/99, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on the Canal Corridor Initiative (CCI) for the Erie Canal in New York State. Aims of turning the canal and the connecting waterways into a tourist attraction; CCI funding from the United States Housing and Urban Development Agency (HUD) and the US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA);...
- Canalway Trek hits Syracuse. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;07/06/98, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the arrival of bikers at Syracuse, New York State's Inner Harbor for the Canalway Trail End-to-End Trek across the state's canal system. Features of the trek; Total miles to be covered by the trek; Stopping points; Activities of the bikers in Syracuse.
- 80 Miles on the Erie Canal. Juris, Carolyn // Country Living;Jun2011, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p63
The article offers information on tourist attractions along the Erie Canal, New York including Brockport, Pittford and Fairport.
- The Old Country. Graves, John // Texas Monthly;Apr2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p102
Presents an article about visiting the Hill Country in Texas. Trips to the hills; History of the place; Landscapes and cultural flavors of Hill Country.