Geological Gems of Upstate New York
- SNT BUZZ. // Syracuse New Times;6/4/2014, Issue 3476, p5
A photograph is presented of Green Lakes State Park which is located in Syracuse, New York.
- Healing waters. Lonberger, William // Backpacker;Jun96, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p127
Presents the author's journal entries during his annual trips to a tiny lake in New York's Adirondack Mountains. Invigoration which the trips provide to the author; Coming back to the lake with his wife and son; Journal entries in 1976, 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993.
- Species-introduction failure. // Field & Stream;Oct84, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p19
Attempts by the US Fish Commission and sport fishermen to improve Tuxedo Lake in New York State by introducing non-native species was a failure. It can teach us the lesson that tampering with nature is opening a Pandora's Box of unforeseeable results, and that the impulse to remake nature,...
- Long Lake. Jemmott, Janet M.; Farb, Nathan // Cortlandt Forum;2/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p177
Presents a photograph of Long Lake in Hamilton County, New York.
- Getaway. Mycek, Shari // InStyle;Nov2003, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p426
Presents a brief information about Saranac Lake in New York City.
- Washington Lake now closed on weekdays. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/6/93 - 8/16/93, Vol. 5 Issue 34, p43
Reports on the closure of Washington Lake in Newburgh, New York on weekdays according to City Recreation Supervisor Wilbur Higgins. Schedule of operations; Operation of Brown's pond; Contact information.
- Joint-venture garden for Battery Park City. P.D.S. // Architectural Record;Aug1991, Vol. 179 Issue 8, p25
Reports that Cooper, Robertson & Partners is teaming with visual artist Jennifer Bartlett and landscape architects Quennell Rothschild to create the South Garden at New York's Battery Park City.
- A falls for remembering. Newman, J.L. // Focus;Winter89, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p21
Describes the views at Taughannock Falls State Park in New York. Height of the falls, considered the highest east of the Rockies; Surrounding gorges; Seasonal changes at the falls.
- Adirondack high. Mitchell, John G.; Stenzel, Maria // National Geographic;Jun98, Vol. 193 Issue 6, p118
Highlights the Adirondack Mountains in New York State. Details about Adirondack Park; Peaks in the area; The number of summits above 4,000 feet; The author's experience in hiking in the area; Aesthetic pleasures of the High Peaks and other Adirondack wilderness; The conflict of private...