- Durango changes, but U.S. reservoir plan hangs on. Jacobson, Louis // Planning;Jun98, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p24
Describes the Animas-La Plata water project in Durango, Colorado. Environmental concerns of the residents; Effect of the project to Indian tribes; Concern raised by the opponents of the project.
- Communication Is a Tool That Is Not Used Enough. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/10/99, Vol. 242 Issue 18, p168
Editorial. Comments on the significance of communication among engineers involved in the construction of a water reservoir in Southern California. Costs of the construction of the water reservoir; Public opinion and reputation of engineers in California; Significance of appreciating another's...
- ModÃ©lisation non paramÃ©trique de la relation entre les caractÃ©ristiques du vent et la diffÃ©rence de niveaux sur un grand rÃ©servoir. Haché, Mario; Durocher, Marc; Bobée, Bernard // Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering;Aug2003, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p684
The natural inflow at a site is a key variable for optimal management of water resources, particularly for hydroelectric production. For sites with dams and hydroelectric powerplants, this variable cannot be measured directly, and the water balance equation is used to determine the quantity of...
- Water Wars Predicted in a Thirsty Nation. Quade, Vicki // American Bar Association Journal;Sep82, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p1066
Focuses on the efforts to look for new water resources to replenish water reservoirs in the United States. National demand for water; Water crisis; Plans to amend laws dealing with water usage; Water diversions.
- Wet year time to discuss prospect for new reservoirs. Cline, Harry // Western Farm Press;2/14/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p4
Discusses the need for additional reservoirs in California. Weather forecast in the Central Valley region; Concerns about the loss of water from melting snow; Condition set by an environmentalist before agreeing to support the Temperance Flat project.
- Need step changes in ultra-deepwater development, similar to seismic and drilling. LaFontaine, Jackie; McCurley, Mark; D'Souza, Richard // Offshore;Apr2001, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p86
Examines some issues and challenges to increase and accelerate production from deepwater and ultra-deepwater in the Gulf of Mexico and elsewhere. Factors for opening up many deepwater prospects to commercial development; Capital cost of field development infrastructure; Elements of a proposed...
- Planning and Corrupting Water Resources Development: The Case of Small Reservoirs in Ghana. Venot, Jean-Philippe; Andreini, Marc; Pinkstaff, Crossley Beth // Water Alternatives;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p399
Agricultural (water) development is once again at the fore of the development agenda of sub-Saharan Africa. Yet, corruption is seen as a major obstacle to the sustainability of future investments in the sector but there is still little empirical evidence on the ways corruption pervades...
- Evaporation Estimation Using Support Vector Machines Technique. Moghaddamnia, A.; Ghafari, M.; Piri, J.; Han, D. // International Journal of Mathematical, Physical, & Engineering S;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p134
This paper is aimed at presenting a preliminary study on evaporation, as a major component of the hydrologic cycle that plays a key role in water resources development and management in arid and semi-arid regions. Debate remains as to the optimal method for estimating evaporation from free water...
- CONSTRUYEN RESERVORIOS EN ZONA ALTOANDINA DE LAMBAYEQUE. // Agro Enfoque;nov2009, Vol. 24 Issue 167, p30
No abstract available.