- Figures point to signs of recovery in jobs market. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p4
Reports the decrease of the employment market in Great Britain. Reinforcement of positive signals for employment growth; Flexibility of the staffs; Value of organizations.
- Trend watch. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p16
Reports on several possible human resource developments in the United States by the year 2000. Number of jobs needed; Top three sources of competitive advantage; Training methods.
- An HR panel forecasts for 1995. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Feb95, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p19
Presents the predictions of economist Audrey Freedman's HR Forecast Group on various aspects of human resource management for 1995. Economic growth; Wage gains; Income inequality; Variable pay; Contingent work arrangements; Employee privacy.
- Bleak outlook for tech workers. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/18/2003, Issue 323074, p9
Forecasts the performance of the technology job market in the U.S. Retention of information technology professionals; Stability of the work patterns; Optimism from personnel managers.
- HR in the year 2010. Thornburg, Linda // HRMagazine;May95, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p62
Features views of human resource managers regarding their position in a 21st century company. William Bridges; Dave Ulrich; Madelyn Jennings; Mitchell Fromstein.
- A look at the future from Utah state. Adams III, John T. // HRMagazine;Jul95, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p8
Presents some predictions on the future trends in human resources management. Includes increase in companies opting for telecommuting programs; Every day as `casual day' for employees; Formation of associations and unions by telecommuting employees.
- What would you put in a time capsule? Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Workforce (10928332);Jan1997, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p172
Shares the answers of human resources professionals on what issue should record in human resources' (HR) agenda for years to come. Effect of cost-cutting of a company; Why employee handbook is the most important item fin HR; Importance of confidentiality in employee relating.
- Management Forecast and Checklist for 1982. Anderson, Ralph // Public Personnel Management;Summer82, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p118
Presents a checklist and management forecast for 1982 of local agencies in the U.S. Organizational structure and service levels; Management productivity; Technology and equipment used; Administrative systems and procedure.
- Where Have All the Workers Gone? Herman, Roger // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Dec98, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p262
Focuses on the allegedly impending worker shortage in the United States. Factors that may contribute to the labor shortage; Strategies companies can use to cope with the impending labor shortage; Challenge for the executive in attracting, recruiting and keeping good people.