Cut away noncore HR
- Externally yours. Pickard, Jane // People Management;07/23/98, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p34
Predicts the increase in the outsourcing of personnel and training in Great Britain. Its implications for human resource professionals; Advantages of outsourcing.
- Outsourcing human resources pays off handsomely for growing firms. Haines, Linda // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/04/97, Issue 322181, p12
Focuses on the benefits of outsourcing human resource management activities on the progress of company. Flexibility to respond quickly to market changes and other business demands; Reduced employee turnover; Improved regulatory compliance through outsourcing.
- Farming out your workforce. Prior, Chris // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p16
Presents United States business executives' comments on and practice of outsourcing treasury functions. Use of outsiders to assist in foreign exchange management; Acceleration of outsourcing; Cost-cutting measure.
- Contracting for Cooperative Personnel Services. Timmins, William M. // Public Personnel Management;1980, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p196
Comments on the contracting for cooperative personnel services. Nature of interjurisdictional contracting (IC); Classification of IC into formal and informal contracting; Survey on respondents on contracting personnel services.
- Successful outsourcing depends on critical factors. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Oct93, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p51
Discusses the critical factors involved in successful outsourcing and its application to personnel management. Deciding and defining of expectations from an outsourcing partner; Safeguards in the contract; Outsourcing as a tool and not as a cure-all; Start-up costs; Survey by the Relocation...
- Outsourcing to avoid `adminis-trivia.' Gault, Ylonda // Crain's New York Business;06/15/98, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p40
Focuses on human resource (HR) outsourcing. Use of HR outsourcing by most companies to increase efficiency and focus on their core business; Results of the 1997 survey of Human Resource Trends; Efforts of companies in trying to `get from behind the `adminis-trivia' of employee support'; What...
- More firms turn to outsourcing HR functions. // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p19A
Reports on the growing number of firms outsourcing human resources functions. Most popular programs being outsourced; Advantages of outsourcing.
- Outsourcing: Some HR issues. Johns, Tammy // Canadian Business Review;Summer96, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p21
Offers insight into some human resource (HR) issues for companies considering outsourcing as a management strategy. People dynamics; Co-employment issues; Training issues; People solutions.
- For Better or for Worse: Questions for HR Professionals to Ask a Prospective Outsourcing Partner. Finan, Lois; Konieczny, James R. // Benefits Quarterly;2000 Third Quarter, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p7
Addresses the questions that human resource managers should ask a prospective outsourcing partner. Evaluation of the outsourcing plan; Benefits and drawbacks of outsourcing; Tips to make the partnership work.