No Budget, but Kentucky Picks 2003 Math Books
- Free books for school students. // Green Left Weekly;8/24/2011, Issue 892, p18
The article reports on the planned distribution of 12 million new textbooks ranging between 23 dollars and 46 dollars by the Venezuelan government to primary school students around the country in the coming academic year 2011-2012.
- School Districts Are Not Upgrading Textbooks. Sadlier-Dinger, William // San Diego Business Journal;03/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p51
Criticizes school districts in California for their failure to take advantage of General Fund allocations for the purchase of textbooks that meet the state's revised academic standards. Efforts by Governor Gray Davis and the Legislature to improve the state of education in California; Need for...
- South Carolina Cancels Math, Language Arts. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the cancellation of the purchase of mathematics textbooks in 2010 and the adoption of language arts and reading materials for 2010-2011 by South Carolina. It notes that the reason for the cancellation is the lack of funding. It mentions that the state budget for purchasing...
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/13/99, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p8
Presents news briefs related to educational publishing industry in the United States as of December 1999.
- GREEN. Ferenc, Jeff // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;May2008, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p5
The author reflects on the speech delivered by Rick Fedrizzi, president and founding chairman of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), during the 10th Global Engineering Conference in April 2008 in the U.S. He stated that Fedrizzi has noted the progress in several buildings by becoming a...
- Summer's Gone and So Is Industry's Hopes Of Salvaging a Sales Year on the Plus Side. // Educational Marketer;10/7/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p1
Reports on year-to-date sales of textbooks in the United States through August 2002.
- Texas, California and Florida Budget Dilemmas: Caught Between Not Very Good and Worse. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p1
Reports on factors contributing to the budget dilemmas in Texas, California and Florida, particularly in relation to the state's purchase of textbooks. Belief of education publishers of higher interest from texas public schools in their textbooks; Effect of the state budgets in California and...
- After Strong First Half, K-12 Textbook Sales Slow Down in July. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p3
Provides information on the decline of K-12 textbooks sales in July 2003 after a strong first half in the U.S. Belief of Harold McGraw III, chairman, president and chief executive officer of McGraw-Hill Cos., that K-12 textbook and supplemental materials sales to adoption states in 2003 will...
- Adoption Sales Salvage Textbooks, Supplementals up in Open Terrs. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p7
Reports on the increasing sales of basal textbook programs in adoption states in the U.S. Escalation of sales in elementary and high school markets; Improvement of revenue; Growth of the market share among supplemental publishers.