Exports of U.S. Textbooks Soar; Imports Barely Rise
- At End of Q3, Textbook Imports Far Outpace Textbook Exports. // Educational Marketer;1/21/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that the value of textbooks brought into the U.S. in the first nine months of 2007 increased up to 28.3% to 233.6 million dollar far outstripping textbook exports of 314.5 million dollar down to 0.8% from the same period the previous year.
- Top Foreign Markets for Exports and Imports of U.S. Textbooks, H1 2009 vs. H1 2008. // Educational Marketer;9/14/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p1
No abstract available.
- U.S. Textbook Publishers Shipped More Books Overseas, but Imports Grew Faster in 2002. // Educational Marketer;3/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the increased number of exported K-12 and college textbooks from the U.S. Factors that influenced the increased shipment of textbooks; Top ten foreign market for the textbooks; Percentage of total textbook imports to the U.S.
- Textbook Exports Flatten in 2007, While Imports Spike. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the growth of textbook export and the decline of textbook import in the U.S. in 2007. It notes that the total value of textbook exported abroad the said year was 430.1 million dollars which is significantly higher than the 310.5 million value of textbooks that were shipped...
- Imports of Textbooks into U.S. Rise 6.9%; Exports Grow 2.8% in 2005. // Educational Marketer;3/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the increase in import and export of textbooks in the U.S. during the year 2005. Henry Hirschberg, president of McGraw-Hill Education, views that the U.S. will maintain to be the largest market. U.S. textbooks exported abroad increased 2.8 percent to 413.4 million dollars...
- Textbook Exports Increase Signifi cantly in First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;6/9/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the improvement of export activity for textbooks shipped overseas from the U.S. in the first quarter of 2008. It reveals that the export and import trends reflect global opportunities that are important to education publishers. It also notes that the value of textbooks...
- Textbook Exports Fall; Imports Climb Through September. // Educational Marketer;12/ 6/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the decline of the total value of U.S. textbooks exported to foreign markets. According to a report from the U.S. Department of Commerce, the exports of textbooks to foreign markets has declined by 8 percent in the first 3 quarters of 2010. Moreover, a chart is presented...
- Textbook Exports Grow; Imports Decline. // Educational Marketer;1/10/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the continued increase of the value of textbooks exported from the U.S. by 7% in the first nine months of 2013 while the value of imported textbooks fell due to isolated pockets of demand abroad and a tough market for textbooks in the country. According to publishing...
- Textbook Exports Show Substantial Growth in First Nine Months of 2008. // Educational Marketer;1/5/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the data from U.S. Department of Commerce which reveals that export of textbooks in the first nine months of 2008 has increased. It states that total amount of textbooks from U.S. during the said period was 379.6 million dollars, an increase of 20.7 from 2007. It also...