Work/life benefits are valuable, but value isn't measured
- in the news. // Employee Benefits;Jan2004, p9
Reports that nearly three-quarters of employers in Great Britain have allowed staff to carry over unused holiday entitlement in 2003 to 2004. Statement by Sharon Douglas, personnel director of Ceridia Centrefile, that employers need to ensure that staff are taking enough holiday to achieve a...
- How Family-Friendly is: Groupe Services France. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p34
Describes the family-friendly benefits offered by industrial cleaning services provider Groupe Services Frances to its employees. Flexible work arrangements; Child care; Family leave; Relocation assistance; Professional development opportunities; Education enrichment program; Health and...
- Total Life Planning: A New Frontier in Work-Life Benefits. Traynor, Jean B. // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p29
Discusses the uniqueness of total life planning program as a benefit designed to meet the strong and growing market demand for work-life benefits. Keys to global business success; Number one driver of workforce commitment; Benefits of total life planning program.
- Sound reasons for work-life programs. Faught, Leslie // HR Magazine;Mar95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p144
Stresses the importance of a work-life benefit program for employees. Impact of employees' concerns at home on their on-the-job performance; Need for human resource management professionals to convince top management that work-life programs are worth funding; Measuring the value of work-life...
- Work-life benefits shedding fuzzy image in favor of hard numbers. Duff, Susanna // Employee Benefit News;Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p45
Focuses on the transformation of work-life benefits. Findings of the National Work-Life Measure study of Boston College; Cost of the work-life program of Restrac; Purposes of implementing work-life incentives.
- TOTAL REWARD IN NUMBERS. Fordham, Louise // Employee Benefits;10/1/2015, p13
The article focuses on the latest facts and figures on total reward in Great Britain as of October 2015 including percentage of workers who are most motivated by non-monetary benefits, respondents who do not receive any workplace benefits and employees who have received total reward statements.
- Work/life benefits offer competitive edge. Milligan, Amanda // Business Insurance;06/15/98, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p3
Presents information on the competitiveness of work/life programs in the United States. Impact of changing demographics on the popularity of the programs; Features of work/life programs; Observation made of an increase number of men entering into work/life programs; Benefits which work/life...
- BEST PLACES TO WORK. // Advertising Age;11/17/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 23, p1
The article discusses how the staff of "Advertising Age" has identified the best places to work in advertising and media in the U.S. for 2014 by examining each agency's compensation and benefits packages, work-life balance programs, and hiring practices.
- PAY IN THE BALANCE. Coleman, Alison // Employee Benefits;Nov2005, p69
The article presents guidelines for implementing effective bonus schemes for employees. A carefully planned and well-defined bonus scheme can be an effective and highly motivational component of a compensation strategy. Before implementing any bonus scheme an organization must define the goals...