- McGraw-Hill Forms New K-12 Assessment & Reporting Unit To Pursue Accountability Business. // Educational Marketer;12/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p1
This article reports that the New York-based company, McGraw-Hill Education, formed a new unit, McGraw-Hill Assessment and Reporting, comprising testing arm CTB/McGraw-Hill, test-score reporting firm, The Grow Network and McGraw-Hill Digital Learning. The company said combining the three...
- News briefs... // Electronic Education Report;05/13/98, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p8
Reports on developments relevant to business enterprises in the United states as of May 13, 1998. Percentage of US schools and libraries that plan to take part in the E-Rate, a universal service discount program; Software Publishers Association's election of candidates for its Board of...
- News briefs. // Electronic Education Report;09/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p8
Presents news items related to business enterprises in the United States as of September 2, 1998. Includes American Education Corp.'s plan to acquire Learning Pathways Ltd.; Confusion on Learning Co.'s bill collection; America Online's Back to School$AOL campaign.
- Leading businesses in the United States. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p134
Tells which companies lead the way in various businesses in the United States. General Motors as the leading vehicle producer; IBM as the leading computer and office equipment manufacturer; Kroger as the leading supermarket; Others.
- Late braking news. // Automotive Marketing;Jul97, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p80
Presents information on automotive business enterprises in the United States. Information on the sale of Chilton Company to Reed Elsevier; Development of Find-a-Rep, a database of manufacturers representatives, from Management Information Systems Group, Incorporated.
- Apex, AutoWorks, and Rose all go bankrupt. Wirebach, John // Automotive Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p9
Provides information on a number of business in the United States who had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Names of the businesses; Detailed information on Hahn Automotive, of Rochester, New York State, who filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on July 25, 1997; Amount of money owed to creditors by...
- Acquisitions, expansions, mergers, strategic alliances, new facilities. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Mar1998, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on companies in the United States. Identification of the companies; Details on the products made by the companies; Location of the companies.
- Price increases. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Mar1998, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p14
Presents information on companies in the United States pertaining to price increases. Identification of the companies; Details on the products made by the companies; Amount the products will increase by; Effective date for the increase.
- Corporate fitness in a competitive environment. Van Auken, Philip M. // Baylor Business Review;Spring1991, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on how to achieve corporate fitness in a competitive environment. Streamlining through understructuring and understaffing; Interdependency of employees; Competency strategizing.