Weeky Reader Web Site Is Redesigned
- Weekly Reader Unveils Expanded Web Site. // Electronic Education Report;10/11/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p5
Reports on Weekly Reader's launch of a redesigned web site.
- Winners named in writing contest. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the Letters About Literature contest, sponsored by the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress and Weekly Reader Corporation. Competition levels of the contest; Winners in each level.
- Online Publishing Turns Students, Teachers into Authors. // T H E Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the offer for aspiring writers to publish their work through Weekly Reader Press, a Web-based publishing site from Weekly Reader Corp. and iUniverse in the United States. Presentation of strategy in publishing; Separate publishing category for teachers; Benefits for students and...
- Teen Read. // Crain's New York Business;03/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p34
Reports on Newsweek Inc. and Weekly Reader Corp.'s plans to publish a teen-oriented newsmagazine.
- Financial Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;11/ 8/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p7
The article offers financial briefs which include the decline of the revenue of Weekly Reader Corp. in the third quarter of 2010, and the increased revenue of Blackboard Inc. in the third quarter of 2010.
- Read. Be Inspired. Write Back. LETTERS ABOUT LITERATURE. // Writing;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p22
The article is an invitation to participate in a national reading and writing program sponsored in cooperation with Weekly Reader Corp. To enter the contest, called Letters About Literature, one has to think about a book that was very inspiring and write a personal letter to the author...
- Teaching award. // Science Teacher;Dec99, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p64
Reports on the opening of nominations for the Vincent J. Marteka, Jr. Award for Creative Science Teaching by the Weekly Reader Corporation.
- Hansen Resigns From Weekly Reader. // Publishers Weekly;10/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 41, p17
Reports on the resignation of Rosanna Hansen as senior vice president, publisher and editor-in-chief of Weekly Reader Corp. Reason for her resignation; Information on the firm.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;3/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p8
Reports that Weekly Reader has collaborated with General Motors Corp. on the automobile company's educational initiatives.