Houghton Mifflin Sells Sunburst Technology
- Changes in Publishing World. // District Administration;Jan2003, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the condition of the publishing industry in the U.S. Sale of Houghton Mifflin Co. to reduce the debt incurred by Vivendi Universal SA; Acquisition of Sunburst Technology by Thayer Capital Partners; Allegations faced by Houghton chief executive Jean-Marie Messier.
- While Vivendi Weighs Houghton Mifflin Bids, Houghton Mifflin Sells Sunburst Technology. // Electronic Education Report;10/11/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p1
Reports on equity investment firm Thayer Capital Partners' acquisition of Sunburst Technology, Houghton Mifflin's K-12 educational software and video producer.
- The $376 Million Management Buyout of Riverdeep Tops M&A Activity in First Four Months of 2003. // Electronic Education Report;5/9/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
Reports on various acquisitions and mergers in the educational software industry in the United States in the first four months ended May 9, 2003 in the U.S. Management buyout of instructional software and comprehensive courseware provider Riverdeep Inc.; Sale of Houghton Mifflin Co. to a...
- Breaking News:. // Educational Marketer;11/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p1
Reports that Vivendi Universal is in exclusive negotiations with a consortium of U.S. private equity investment firms for the sale of Houghton Mifflin.
- Houghton Mifflin sale completed. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/7/2003, Vol. 376 Issue 39, p73
Reports that Vivendi Universal completed its sale of U.S. publishing house Houghton Mifflin Co. to a group of private investors for more than a billion in cash. Members of the consortium that bought the publishing house.
- Vivendi Says It Will Sell Houghton After All. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p15
Reports on the plan of Vivendi to sell publisher, Houghton. Reason for the decision; Possible buyers of Houghton; Changes in the management of Houghton.
- Vivendi Looking for Higher Bids for Houghton Mifflin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, p9
Reports the plan of Vivendi Universal to reopen the bidding process for the sale of its publishing company Houghton Mifflin in Europe and Latin America. Reason for considering the reopening of the disposal process; Consortium that made an offer for all of Vivendi Universal Publishing; Concerns...
- Vivendi in Deal to Sell Houghton Mifflin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p9
Focuses on the preliminary agreement reached by Vivendi Universal to sell Houghton Mifflin to a private equity consortium. Price of the sale; Equity groups defeated by the winning consortium.
- Was Thayer's Vacation.com Venture A Masterstroke or Major Miscue? Jones, David // Travel Agent;11/06/2000, Vol. 301 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on the sale of Vacation.COM by Thayer Capital Partners. Benefits from the sale; Investment of Amadeus in Global Vacations Group.