California Reading Adoption: Houghton Is Popular, But More Sales for All Are Still to Come
- Quarterly Results Up at Ed. Pubs. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 45, p16
Focuses on educational publishers that reported gains in sales and profits for the third quarter ended September 30, 1999. McGraw-Hill Cos.; Tribune Co.; Houghton Mifflin; operating income and total sales for the quarter; Revenues for the quarter.
- Major Publishers Adding Electronics. // Electronic Education Report;04/25/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p2
Reports that print publishers, Houghton Mifflin, Scholastic and McGraw-Hill will add software and online products to their merchandise. Development of online learning networks that provide content, assessment and other resources for teachers, parents and students; McGraw-Hill's expansion of its...
- Investors bet on NetLibrary's potential with $70 million backing. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p4
Reports on Houghton Mifflin and McGraw-Hill as among investors taking part into the Internet electronic book provider NetLibrary Inc. Number of publishers signed up by the company; Development of relationships with publishers, libraries and universities.
- Acquisitions boost results at McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin. // Publishers Weekly;10/24/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 43, p10
Reports that McGraw-Hill and Houghton Mifflin (HM) posted sales increases for the third quarter of 1994 due to acquisitions. Sales from HM acquisition McDougal Littell; Sales by category; Results from McGraw-Hill School Publishing Company.
- HM has poor second quarter. // Publishers Weekly;8/7/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 32, p304
Reports on the financial performance of Houghton Mifflin (HM) in the second quarter ended June 30, 1995. Decline in sales; Net loss; Special charges; Comparison with year-ago figures; Actions to outsource sales and distribution functions of the company's education and general publishing units;...
- Recent McGraw-Hill Divestiture Could Be First Of Many. // Educational Marketer;01/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
Deals with McGraw-Hill's sale of digital printing centers to New Jersey-based Cunningham Graphics International.
- McGraw-Hill Beats Expectations for 2002; Education Revenue Grew 1.5%. // Electronic Education Report;2/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports that educational publisher McGraw-Hill Co. beat industry expectations for its 2002 fourth-quarter revenue.
- Houghton Mifflin And WebCT Announce Alliance For College Mkt. // Educational Marketer;07/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the partnership of higher education publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. with WebCT to deliver its college textbooks and materials through the course management software of WebCT.
- Synergy, Adoptions and Acquisitions Suggested as Possible Growth Drivers for Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;1/20/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the growth strategy for Houghton Mifflin Co. in the U.S. Market share of the educational publisher; Product development and distribution partnership with Thomas H. Lee's portfolio units; Pursuit of opportunities on the K-12 textbook adoption circuit.