- Vivendi Universal Publishing Begins Instructing Houghton Mifflin On Life In Gay Paree. // Educational Marketer;8/13/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the acquisition of Houghton Mifflin publishing house by Vivendi Universal Publishing company.
- French Publishing Giant Has New CEO. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;1/1/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 1, p25
Presents an update on the French publishing company, Vivendi Universal Publishing, as of January 2001. Appointment of Agnes Touraine as the company's chief executive officer; Changes in the company's services; List of 1other staff appointments in the company.
- Lagardere take shot at Viv U's French pubs. James, Alison // Variety;9/23/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the offer made by France's Lagardere Group to buy the French assets of Vivendi Universal Publishing, as of September 2002. Estimated value of Vivendi's publishing houses; Magazines owned by Vivendi.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;10/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p7
Presents news briefs related to the book publishing industry in the United States, as of October 21, 2002. Creation of a field sales team by Perseus Books Group; Possibility of a deal by Vivendi on the sale of its publishing assets; Probable improvement in the financial results of Bertelsmann.
- Vivendi Chairman Says HM Not for Sale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the decision of Agnes Touraine, president of Vivendi Universal Publishing, to keep Houghton Mifflin Co. (HM) within the Vivendi family. Speculation on the sale of HM: Distribution agreement with Simon & Schuster.
- Hachette Looks at French Units of VUP. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;10/7/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 40, p14
Speculates on the possible merger between Hachette and Vivendi Universal Publishing. Implications of the merger for the publishing industry; Information on both companies.
- Vivendi Universal Publishing Up 5% In 2001, Seeks Educational Synergy. // Educational Marketer;3/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the increase in revenue of Paris, France-based publisher Vivendi Universal Publishing for the year ended December 31, 2001.
- VUP Q3 Revenue Falls, As Sale of Publishing Businesses Approaches. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Vivendi Universal Publishing during the nine-month period ended September 30, 2002.
- Vivendi Universal Publishing Up 5% In 2001, Educational Synergies Key in 2002. // Electronic Education Report;3/15/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p7
Reports the revenue increase of Vivendi Universal Publishing company for the year 2001. Percentage of revenue increase; Level on the sales of textbooks and supplemental materials; Revenue-generating projects of the company.