New Book Clubs Can't Fill Oprah Void--But They Help
- Children's Books Take Morning TV Stage. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the launch of the Early Readers Club of the U.S. television program 'The Early Show.' Components of the book club; Views on the book club.
- Tuesday Night Book Club. // People;6/19/2006, Vol. 65 Issue 24, p38
The article reviews the television program "Tuesday Night Book Club," featuring a group of upper-middle-class women in suburban Scottsdale (Ariz.).
- Please Turn to Chapter Two. Begun, Bret // Newsweek;4/22/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 16, p11
Comments on the launch of a book club by the NBC television network program, 'Today,' starting in June 2002. Comparison to Oprah's book club; Strategy of the 'Today' show book club.
- FAIREST OF THEM ALL. Jordan, Sean // Cinefantastique;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p51
The article presents an interview with actress Kristin Kreuk. She describes her character in the miniseries "Legend of Earthsea." Kreuk explains her views regarding the film's message of the world being created by naming it. She lists the books she is reading as well as their unofficial book...
- Little O's Book Club segment delayed. // Reading Today;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p41
Reports on the delay in the television airing of a segment on the `The Oprah Winfrey Show' featuring the Little O's Book Club formed by students an elementary school in Illinois and modeled after the show host Oprah Winfrey's book club for adults.
- NBC opening up pub club. Offman, Craig // Daily Variety;4/9/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 28, p22
Reports the plan of the NBC News 'Today Show' to produce a monthly book club in the U.S. Impact of the Oprah Winfrey show book club on the decision of NBC; Context and format of the show; Reaction of publishers to the status of the Oprah book club.
- GMA Will Feature Regional Clubs. // Publishers Weekly;6/10/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the move of the television program 'Good Morning America' to launch a book club segment on June 13, 2002. Purpose of the book club segment; Information on the book club.
- Oprah book club closes a chapter. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;4/8/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the suspension of the monthly book club in 'The Oprah Winfrey Shows' of television host Oprah Winfrey. Reason for the cancellation; Effect on publishers; Sales benefit of a book's selection.
- Boos in the night. Burr, Ty // Entertainment Weekly;2/19/93, Issue 158, p66
Reviews the videotape `It,' directed by Tommy Lee Wallace.