Three barriers to managing change
- Change management key to progress. WILSON, BRUCE // Landscape Management;Mar2010, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses the need for companies to implement changes in their culture and values in order to cope up with the changes in the economic and political situation. It cites that numerous firms were compelled to review their business practices and adjust them to the emerging market. The...
- Survey: Layoffs soar 71% in April. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/9/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 20, p11B
Reports on an increase in the number of job cuts in the state of New York from March to April 2003. Figures released by Challenger Gray and Christmas; Greatest number of jobs eliminated by the public sector; Deterioration in the labor market that dimmed hopes that companies would begin hiring...
- Choose Your Words (and Your Strategy) Wisely. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce (10928332);Apr99, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on downsizing of organizations. Concept of downsizing; Factors which drive the organization to downsize; Need to find a way to organize work in the future.
- Restructuring: Getting It Right. Tomasko, Robert M. // Management Review;Apr92, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p10
Investigates the issue of downsizing in the United States. Stages to the successful revival of a business; Comparison between cost cutting and people cutting; Reasons positive gains from organization restructuring had been so difficult to realize. INSET: IBM PONDERS THE 'L' WORD.
- Change Management. Ettorre, Barbara // Management Review;May99, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the difficulties a manager faces due to a change in his management. Requirements in spearheading change; Managers as instruments of change; Benefits of changing the management; Tips on how to change management.
- Downsizing After All These Years: Questions and Answers About Who Did It, How Many Did It, and Who Benefited from It. SLOCUM JR., JOHN W.; MORRIS, JAMES R.; CASCIO, WAYNE F.; YOUNG, CLIFFORD E. // Organizational Dynamics;Winter99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p78
Addresses the issue of corporate employment downsizing. Financial consequences of downsizing; Upsizing and downsizing employment; Impact on profitability.
- Considerations For The Downsizing Message. Hagley, Tom // Public Relations Tactics;Apr2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p11
Answers questions related to downsizing of businesses. Focus on people; Process of downsizing; Announcement of restructuring plans.
- Use of non-paid vacation to avoid layoffs brings unexpected dividends. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 13 Issue 75, p26
No abstract available.
- 'Downsizing'--How to manage more with less. Lippitt, Gordon; Lippitt, Ronald // Management Review;Mar82, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the downsizing of companies in the United States. Transition from industrial to post-industrial economy; Tips on how to execute downsizing schemes.