Tags: VOLCKER, Paul
- Volcker: Long way to go. // Government Executive;Aug97, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the speech of Paul A. Volcker, former chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, before the American Society of Public Administration. Objectives of the National Commission on Public Service; Result of public opinion poll on government credibility; Criticisms against bureaucratic tendencies.
- The Volcker legacy. Smith, A. // Esquire;Aug88, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p71
Profile of Paul Volcker, former chairman of the Federal Reserve. Decisions he made; Inflation; Recession; Criticism.
- Volcker's future & the FRB. // Newsweek;7/15/85, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p58
Some Fed watchers wondered last week whether Paul Volcker is on the way out as chairman of the Federal Reserve Board. Fed Gov. Lyle Gramley announced he was quitting to become chief economist for the Mortgage Bankers Association of America. Impending appointments to the board may mean that...
- Volcker's new role: doing good and well. // Newsweek;3/14/88, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p38
Former Federal Reserve Board chairman Paul Volcker is joining the elite Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University as a part-time professor of economic policy. He will also be joining James D. Wolfensohn Inc., a small investment firm, where he'll be...
- Volcker lost his touch? // Newsweek;4/22/85, Vol. 105 Issue 16, p52
To his many fans, Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker is the John Wayne of finance. Yet, his critics are beginning to blame recent sluggishness in the economy on Volcker's restrictive monetary policies. Loosening the Fed's choke-hold on the money supply is a solution that Volcker fears would...
- Street talk. Fenyvesi, C. // U.S. News & World Report;9/2/91, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p22
Suggests that former Federal Reserve Board chairman Paul Volcker, 63, is being wooed to head Salomon Brothers in the wake of the spreading bond-trading scandal. Volker, who has impeccable credentials in the financial community, presumably would succeed interim head, Warren Buffett, who stepped...
- High hopes. Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;10/12/92, Vol. 113 Issue 14, p26
Speculates that former Federal Reserve chairman Paul Volcker, who is currently advising Bill Clinton about how to deal with increasingly volatile financial markets, is attempting to position himself to become treasury secretary under Clinton. Comments on the Clinton cabinet; Volcker could not be...
- MONETARY POLICY TRANSMISSION: PAST AND FUTURE CHALLENGES. Volcker, Paul A. // Economic Policy Review (19320426);May2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p7
Presents the text of a speech given by Paul A. Volcker, former president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in April 2001, which deals with the topic of technological innovation and monetary policy.
- GRANDIOSE SELF IMAGE. // U.S. Banker;Jun2002, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p10
Profiles Paul Volcker, former Federal Reserve Chairman. Assessment on the strength of personality; Importance of confidentiality; Emphasis on monetary policies.