Where did the money go?
- Dems seek a further $56 billion. Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;9/26/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 112, p1
The article reports on the $56 billion economic stimulus package introduced by Senate Democratic leaders to provide economic assistance to middle-class families, which was made just before a meeting with U.S. President George W. Bush.
- Pledges galore! Offei-Ansah, Jon // New African;May2002, Issue 407, p15
Reports on the financial aid received by the government in Ghana. Debt of the government; Inclusions of the funds; Development of the Ghana Poverty Reduction Strategy.
- A dose of reality � an insider's view of the aid industry. Maren, Michael // New African;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 409, p20
Focuses on the aid of Americans to Kenya. Volunteer groups for aid distribution; Image of starving African; Lifestyle of Kenyans.
- Why does nobody care about blacks? // New African;Feb2005, Issue 437, p8
Introduces articles related to economic assistance for Africa, published in the February 2005 issue of "New African."
- Aid--the facts. // African Business;Jan1997, Issue 217, p40
Presents graphs depicting the development of economic assistance in Africa. Includes a comparison of trends in the distribution of aid between sectors from 1987-1989 vis-a-vis 1993; Foreign aid from Development Assistance Committee members as of 1994; Data on the total official aid as a...
- Why aid has declined. // African Business;Jan1997, Issue 217, p42
Presents a 1995 status report on the Official Development Assistance (ODA) loans. Donor countries that reduced their ODA by more than 10 percent; Countries that have joined the Development Assistance Committee; Factors to consider in assessing ODA figures.
- World Bank. // Africa Report;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the increase in the private resource flow to developing countries. $157 billion as the net flow of external finance to developing countries; Debt forgiveness offset by the capitalization of debt interest and accumulation of arrears; Limiting of capital flows to middle-income...
- Friendship Caravan reaches Canada. // New York Amsterdam News;7/1/95, Vol. 86 Issue 26, p2
Reports that participants in the U.S.-Cuba Friendship Caravan successfully crossed into Canada with more than 150 tons of humanitarian aid bound for Cuba.
- F.A.Q. on U.S. Aid to Egypt: Where Does the Money Go-And Who Decides How It's Spent? Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;1/30/2011, p2
The article presents a blog on foreign aid given by the U.S. to Egypt.
- Backgrounder: What Are the United States' Options for Suspending Egypt's Aid? Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;1/30/2011, p19
A blog on foreign aid given by the U.S. to Egypt is presented.