Revenue Sale Planned for Detroit Airport as $900 Million Deal Remains Stalled
- Ready for takeoff. BISSELL, JENNIFER // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/29/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the agreement between the mayors of Stratford and Bridgeport in Connecticut to reduce the size and build a runway safety zone in the Sikorsky Memorial Airport in Stratford.
- Detroit Airport Probe. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;
Reports on a request made by attorney general Jennifer Granholm for reviewing of airport contracts and audit reports issued by auditor general Thomas McTavish in Michigan. Problems raised during airport management; Profile of Granholm.
- Airport adopts $5 million landscape master plan. Burke, Anita // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pA6
Reports the approved landscaping plan by the Spokane Airport Board for the Spokane International Airport terminal in Washington. Proposal of project features and design; Source of funds for the project; Advantage of the plan for travelers.
- Chicago Department of Aviation discusses transparency of airport RFP process with Aviation Committee. // Travel Markets Insider Newsletter;12/7/2011, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p2
The article discusses the airport Requests for Proposals (RFPs) process for the O'Hare and Midway International Airports in Chicago.
- Lifting Off. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/10/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 19, p9
Timed for the 2008 Olympics, construction is to start next March on a $2-billion, 500,000-sq-meter terminal at Beijing, China's international airport. A team led by architect Foster and Partners will design the terminal, which will boost capacity from 27 million to 60 million passengers a year....
- Guernsey kills Concept. Hailstone, Laura // Contract Journal;8/6/2003, Vol. 419 Issue 6438, p3
Reports on the downfall of Concept Development in Great Britain brought about by the Guernsey Airport job for Hochtief. Remarks from administrator Peter Jackson on the issue; Estimated amount of debt of Concept.
- Non-State Bids, Contracts & Grants. // Minnesota State Register;3/28/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p1515
The article presents notices of non-state contracts and bids for the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in Minnesota. It states that the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) seeks for bids for the Fiber Ring Upgrade 2011 project. It says that the pre-bid conference for the Runway...
- PROJECT NEWS. // Construction Bulletin;3/10/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 10, p7
The article presents news briefs related to construction engineering projects. The estimated cost for the Sea Harbor Airport in Duluth, Saint Louis is $100,000. The project consists of constructing Seaplane Dock including Removable Dock Sections and Concrete Abutment, Sidewalk, Rehabilitate...
- Projects Take Off at Rural Airports: Small airports statewide beef up safety, plan expansion efforts. West, Gail // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2008, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p134
The article focuses on the funding for the expansion and safety of rural airports in Alaska. According to Roger Muggard, airport development manager for Department of Transportation & Public Facilities (DOT&PF), the projects are funded by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) under the...