Rating Agencies Downplay Effects of Enron's Collapse
- Industry uncertainty prompts utilities to build their own generation. // Electric Light & Power;Feb2003, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the key factors affecting the business performance of several electric companies in the U.S. Impact of the collapse of Enron Corp. on various firms; Effects of the failure of electricity restructuring in California in the U.S. economy; Stability of the energy regulations imposed of...
- Court rules in favour of ENRON subsidiary. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p16
Reports on an Indian court ruling in favor of the Dabhol Power project in India owned by Enron Corp.
- End run. Jackson, Ted // Financial World;12/16/96, Vol. 165 Issue 15, p48
Explores the business operations of Houston-based electric firm Enron Corp. Plans to market electricity; Effect of enactment of the Energy Policy Act of 1992; Enron as player in deregulated wholesale power market; Investment in information systems; Acquisition of Portland General Corp. INSET:...
- Enron gains licence to operate in commercial electricity market. // Modern Power Systems;Jul98, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p9
Reports that Enron has obtained a license from the Spanish Industry Ministry to operate in the commercial electricity market in Spain. Description of the first phase of Enron's operation; Expected impact of the entry of Enron on the Spain.
- Japanese electricity market is priority says Enron. // International Power Generation;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the priority of Enron Corp. in Japan. Focus on the electricity supply market; Package offering of the company.
- Enron eyes Indian stake. // Modern Power Systems;Dec99, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p5
Reports on Enron Corp.'s offer to acquire equity in a power project in Gujarat, India. Permission sought from the state; Companies holding stakes in the project.
- "We're on our own. Powers, John M. // Electric Light & Power;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p46
The article profiles the perspectives of CEO and president Peggy Fowler for Portland General Electric Co. in Oregon, formerly owned by Enron Corp. Fowler witnessed the difficulties of Enron in 2000 when accused of fraudulent tax practices, affecting PGE. On April 3, 2006, PGE stock was issued to...
- Quarterbacking power plays: Expect the unexpected. McWhinney, Robert T. // Electric Light & Power;Mar2002, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p16
Reports the impact of the collapse of Enron Corp. to the power companies in the U.S. Acquisition of EnronOnline and its downtown Houston facilities; Increase of the power consumption per year; Cancellation of power projects.
- Enron old boys like it so much, they formed a new company. // European Power News;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p3
Reports that a group of former Enron executives has formed electric power company PX in Great Britain. Names of former Enron executives; Energy facilities to be managed by the company.