Denver Mayor Won't Spend City Dollars on Aquarium
- Denver Aquarium Sees Deal With Investors by January 1. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p6
Highlights the expectation of Colorado-based Ocean Journey Aquarium to finalize an agreement with investors holding defaulted revenue bonds by the end of the year 2002. Issues that need to be considered according to Denver, Colorado attorney Carl Eklund; Confidence of the company's president...
- Ocean Journey Creditors Catch Windfall, Thanks to Bondholders' Runoff. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p3
Reports on the money received by the Ocean Journey aquarium from their claims. Interim payment received by creditors; Investment of bondholders in revenue bonds; Issuance of unrated bonds.
- COLORADO: Troubled Waters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p35
Analyzes the financial strength of Colorado-based company Ocean Journey Aquarium in disposing off its outstanding debt payment on revenue bonds. Prospects of a refinancing deal according to Ocean Journey president Doug Townsend; Conduit issuer and bond counsel of the original deal; Source from...
- Ocean Journey Bondholders Getting $2.24 Million from U.S. Bank. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31740, p3
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Bank to forward payments to investors who hold failed revenue bonds issued to finance Ocean Journey's aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Issuance of unrated bonds; Percentage of coupon rates; Completion of other outstanding Ocean Journey debt.
- Bailout Rumors Swirl as Denver Aquarium Struggles to Pay Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p38
Focuses on the bond rumors involving Six Flags and the Ocean Journey in Denver, Colorado. Technical default reported by Ocean Journey; Impact of the rumors on the aquarium bond holders; Discussion for possible remedies.
- CAF: Insurance Against Andean Risk. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/30/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the financial situation in Andean countries in June 2003. Debt servicing schedules of Ecuador and Venezuela; Bonds offered by the Andean Development Fund; Advice to investors.
- Minnesota Officials: Government Shutdown Won't Affect Debt Service. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p1
Reports on the preparation of officials for a partial government shutdown that they stressed would not result in any interruption of debt service payment in Minnesota. Issuance of announcement by the state Finance Department that informs investors that a department appropriation bill had been...
- Judge Backs Investors in Cardinals Ballpark Controversy. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32084, p44
Reports that a St. Louis County judge has sided with investors who holds appropriation-backed revenue bonds for the new Cardinals ballpark in the U.S. Decision of the judge paves the way for the county to make its semi-annual debt service payment; Elimination of political risk associated with...
- Trustee for Bankrupt National Benevolent Association to Pay Bondholders. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/31/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31959, p5
Announces that in September 2004, the trustee for 150 million dollars worth of bonds sold on behalf of the bankrupt National Benevolent Association will distribute 2.2 million dollars of interest payments that were owed to bondholders from seven issues that had payments due between March and May...