NEW JERSEY: Jumping Trains
- Richard Sarles Picked to Run NJ Transit. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/3/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32600, p4
The article reports on the appointment of Richard Sarles as executive director of New Jersey Transit. Sarles, who will replace George Warrington, has has a hand in running rail and mass transit systems for more than 30 years including posts at New Jersey Transit. According to officials, he will...
- New Jersey Transit in a tale of two philosophies. Kube, Kathi; Greenstein, Joe // Trains;Jun2004, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p26
Provides information on New Jersey Transit's Red Line light rail line project which opened March 13, 2004. Project cost; Background of the project; Objective of the project according to NJT Executive Director George Warrington.
- Gov. Corzine Taps Search Team to Find New Executive Director for NJ Transit. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p3
The article reports on the creation of a national search team to select an executive director of the New Jersey Transit to replace George Warrington. Former Governor James Florio has been appointed chairman of the panel. Warrington will leave his post at the end of March 2007. The creation of...
- NJ Transit cancels plans for photo permit. Wrinn, Jim // Trains;Apr2006, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p90
The article focuses on the decision of NJ Transit to cancel a plan to require consent and/or notification prior to non-commercial photography on its commuter railroad lines systemwide. Executive director George Warrington concluded that the rule change would be impractical and withdrew it. The...
- OBITUARY. Johnston, Bob // Trains;Apr2008, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p12
This article presents obituaries for several notable people in the railroad industry, including George Warrington, former executive director of NJ Transit and Lloyd Stagner, a railroad station agent, book author and railroad expert.
- Amtrak Express Hits Bump. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;4/26/99, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on the financial problems of Amtrak in the United States. Plan of congressional Republican majority to cut off taxpayer funding; Role of businessman George Warrington on the company; Details on the resources of Amtrak. INSET: More ExpressTrak woes..
- New Team Pursues Amtrak `Vision'. // Railway Age;Mar99, Vol. 200 Issue 3, p29
Provides information on the restructured management team created by Amtrak company. Key members of the team; Their responsibilities; Vision of George Warrington, chief executive officer of Amtrak, for the company.
- Congress Still on Wrong Track With Amtrak. West, Woody // Insight on the News;3/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p48
Presents information on the socialized passenger rail service Amtrak. Business performance of Amtrak; Remarks from Amtrak president George Warrington; Budget deficit of Amtrak in 2001.
- Hype and promises don't run trains. Phillips, Don // Trains;Mar99, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the introduction of George Warrington as president of Amtrak company. Role of passenger trains; Discussion on some political issues in the railroad industry.