DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Barry's Back ... Again
- Marion Barry's run for redemption. Miller, Susan // Newsweek;9/12/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p47
Speculates over Marion Barry's chances to regain the Washington, D.C. mayor's job after his six months in jail and treatment for drug and alcohol problems. `Washington Post' poll results; Opponents, including Councilman John Ray and incumbent Mayor Sharon Pratt Kelly; Comment by Councilman...
- Barry Soundly Defeats Abraham. Phipps-Evans, Michelle // Washington Informer;11/8/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p22
The article offers information related to the victory of Ward 8 Council member Marion Barry for the third time with 87 percent of votes over Peaceoholics co-founder Jauhar Abraham's 13 percent votes in the elections on November 6, 2012.
- D.C. Political Roundup. Wright, James // Washington Informer;3/21/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p5
The article discusses the winning strategies of Washington D.C. Council member Marion Barry and former Washington D.C. Council member Michael Brown for the election of Washington D.C. Council member on April 23, 2013.
- Politics '97. Gizzi, John // Human Events;12/12/97, Vol. 53 Issue 47, p16
Focuses on the plans of Carol Schwartz for the mayorial elections in 1998 in Washington D.C. Chance of Schwartz in winning against incumbent Marion Barry; Opinion of Schwartz on on the scrapping of home rule in Washington; Information on state of law enforcement in Washington; Details of the...
- SCHWARTZ CUTS. Kosova, Weston // New Republic;11/14/94, Vol. 211 Issue 20, p10
Profiles Carol Schwartz, the Republican Party candidate for Washington, D.C. mayoralty elections in 1994. Challenges faced in staging her political campaigns; Details of a mayoral debate between Schwartz and rival Marion Barry; Factors which contribute to a possible victory for Schwartz.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Morrison, Kandice; Moss, Carl // Washington Informer;9/8/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 96, p24
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the tributes to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and the "Ward 8 Residents Split on Barry Re-election Bid" in the September 1, 2001 issue.
- Silverman Confident of Election Night Victory. Brown, Stacy M. // Washington Informer;10/20/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses about journalist Elissa Silverman contesting for the Washington D.C. at-large council seat in 2014, losing the seat to politician Anita Bonds in the 2013 election, and D.C. Council member Marion Barry endorsing Silverman.
- D.C. Gays Assure Barry Primary Victory. // Advocate;10/28/82, Issue 354, p11
Focuses on the political strength of gay community in Washington D.C. with primary election victory of mayor Marion Barry Jr. and other city candidates receiving strong gay support, on September 14, 1982. Role of gay community in Barry's victory; Victory margin for Barry; Findings of an exit...
- Indicted for perjury and cocaine possession, Barry declares he'll be cleared. // Jet;3/5/90, Vol. 77 Issue 21, p13
Reports on a federal grand jury indictment of Washington, D.C., Mayor Marion Barry on eight counts of perjury and cocaine possession, and Barry's comments on the `political lynching' against him and his expected exoneration.