CONNECTICUT: Enron Casualty
- Opposition Demands PM Quit over Coal Scandal. // India -- West;8/24/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 40, pA35
The article informs that the lawmakers of the opposition party of India Bharatiya Janata Party have demanded the resignation of Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh over a scandal related to the coal fields.
- Nichols Quits As Kentucky Commish. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/11/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 50, p2
Reports the resignation of George Nichols as Kentucky commissioner and president of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) effective December 31, 2000. Reason for Nichols' resignation; Contribution of Nichols in the legal cases of NAIC and in the development of Kentucky Access.
- 'Double Dipping' Charge Leads to Resignation. // Education Week;5/13/1987, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p2
The article reports on the resignation of Orlando Giron as school finance officer of the New Mexico Office of Education. The resignation is in line with the accusation of double dipping, an act of collecting salary and retirement benefits. Giron was criticized by state legislators after it was...
- State insurance deputy steps down for new job. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p13
Reports on the resignation of Indiana chief deputy insurance commissioner Greg Thomas. Roles and duties of a chief deputy commissioner; Reason given by Thomas on why he is resigning from the commission.
- Delaware Finance Secretary Leaving for County Position. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/28/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32038, p28
The article reports that Delaware governor Ruth Ann Minner has announced that Delaware Secretary of Finance David W. Singleton will resign from state government to become chief administrative officer for New Castle County. Singleton, 59, has served as secretary since Minner appointed him in...
- DANIELS RESIGNS. Moorer, Talise D. // New York Amsterdam News;9/22/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 39, p1
This article presents information on Secretary of State Randy A. Daniels, a key adviser to George Pataki, Governor of New York, who has resigned from his post. In his letter to Pataki, Daniels, the highest-ranking African American in state government, said that he considered it an honor and...
- Transportation Chief to Step Down As MassPike Dismantling Continues. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33025, p5
The article focuses on the resignation of Bernard Cohen, transportation secretary in Massachusetts. Governor Deval Patrick is beginning to search a new transportation secretary after Cohen's decision to leave the administration to pursue opportunities in the private sector. Meanwhile, in his...
- Pennsylvania Banking Secretary Resigns. // American Banker;8/18/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 159, p20
Reports on the resignation of Pennsylvania's state banking secretary, David Zuern. When the resignation becomes effective; Position that Zuern will assume at Harris Financial and Harris Savings Bank of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Who will take Zuern's place.
- Explosive Charges. Jovanovic, Igor // Transitions Online;9/12/2005, p4
The article reports on the resignation of Prvoslav Davinic as defense minister of Serbia and Montenegro in September 2005. It discusses the cause of his resignation--a scandal over army procurement. A statement issued by Serbian Finance Minister Mladjan Dinkic regarding the procurement deal is...