Minnesota Legislators Face Busy Week, With Votes on Capital Budget, Twins
- New laws demonstrate state support of housing. Choe, Martha // Journal of Business (10756124);9/4/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p15
Reports that the Washington state legislature passed a capital budget that included an increase in the Housing Trust Fund (HTF), established by the legislature in the mid-1980s to fill the gap created by the federal government's withdrawal from housing finance, to 80 million dollars for the...
- Legislature's 11th Hour. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p27
Reports on the new conferences held by governor Tim Pawlenty to pressure lawmakers to resolve their differences and act on a capital budget and budget balancing measuring before the session closes in Minnesota. Bonding bill proposed by the governor to pay for capital projects; Need of the...
- Mass. Lawmakers Consider Reconvening To Address Overdue '07 Capital Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p44
The article reports on the plan of lawmakers in Massachusetts to reconvene after missing the July 31, 2006 deadline to approve the 2007 capital budget of the commonwealth. The House of Representatives and the Senate hit a situation in which no progress could be made. This was about the capital...
- Illinois Lawmakers Near Finish on General Fund and Capital Budgets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/2/2104, Vol. 123 Issue 34118, p1
The article offers information on general fund and capital budgets of Illinois as of June 2014. It states that Illinois lawmakers were close to closing work on a roughly 35.7 billion dollars general fund budget. It further states that the U.S. Senate adopted appropriation bills constituting 35.7...
- With a Not-Too-Bad Deficit, Bonding Bill Is Next. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p41
Focuses on the effort of lawmakers on passing the bonding bill, a biennial capital budget in Minnesota. Provisions of the bill; Amount of operating budget; Purpose of the bill.
- Staying in Balance, Seeking Economic Development. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p46
Focuses on the economic development in South Dakota. Indication of balanced budget; Increase in capital budget; Emphasis of the state on legislations related to bonds.
- Executive Order 13066--Amendment to Executive Order 13037, Commission to study capital budgeting. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p1684
Presents the remarks given by the president of the United States on the signing of Executive Order 13066, bill to increase the members of the Commission to Study Capital Budgeting on October 29, 1997.
- Home Rule Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p35
Focuses on the proposed bill to take away the power of the Congress to veto an approved legislation by Eleanor Holmes Norton a nonvoting delegate in the House of Representative in Washington D.C. Effect of the bill on the capital budget of the Congress; Elements of th home rule; Opinion of the...
- Legislature Passes $720 Million 2003 Capital Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p4
Reports on the approval of the capital budget for fiscal 2003 by the Maryland General Assembly. Estimate of the total amount of the budget; Provision of funds to various state and local projects through the issuance of bonds; Recipients of the funds.