Kmart Corp. To Close 284 Stores
- Kmart's top management organized. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;8/8/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p8
Reports on Kmart's reorganization to maintain the company's position as the number one retailer in Puerto Rico. Promotion of Puerto Rican Daniel Colon to regional manager; Revamp of relationship with local vendor base; Appointment of Ellen Peric to oversee local vendors.
- The Kmart Kountdown. // Retail Merchandiser;Dec2002, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p14
Preents an update on the reorganization at retail store chain Kmart Corporation. Inquiry on the expenses of Kmart executives; Deal forged by Kmart with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service; Store closings of Kmart in line with the reorganization.
- The Kmart Kountdown. // Retail Merchandiser;Jul2002, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p11
Presents an update on the reorganization of retailer Kmart Corp. in the U.S., as of July 2002. Amount of financial loss posted by the retailer in 2001; Decision of a U.S. bankruptcy court judge regarding the licensing deal of Kmart with Sesame Street; Information on the rehiring of executive...
- Kmart's flickering blue light. Miller, Jessica // National Real Estate Investor;Feb2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the plans of U.S. discount retailer Kmart for the closure of a number of its stores in relation to its bankruptcy reorganization. Information on the review of the financial performance of its stores; Details on the lease termination process used by Kmart; Expectations on the...
- Kmart revamps stores. // Marketing News;05/26/97, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on reorganization plans of Kmart Corp. as a strategic move for increasing competitiveness in the discount market. Kmart Corp. plans to revamp and rename most of its stores, a strategy to create a new image and become more competitive with other discount chains. Operating...
- RETAIL briefs. // Home Textiles Today;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p2
Provides updates on retail chain Kmart Corp. in the U.S. Resignation of chief administrative officer David Rots and chief supply chain officer Tony D'Onofrio; Reorganization of the management team of Kmart chairman James Adamson; Emphasis on the web site of the company.
- 1. Improve the in-store experience. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p30
Discount-retail store Kmart Corp. must take decisive measures to clean up its in-store act to attract customers. For years, Kmart has earned the unenviable reputation of having poorly managed stores known for their out-of-stocks and messy aisles. It was true in the 1980s, the 1990s and still...
- 2. Drop EDLP. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p33
The disastrous results produced by discount-retail store Kmart Corp.'s short-lived flirtation last fall with everyday low pricing won't have been in vain if the company learned anything from the experience as of November 2002. Now Kmart can resume a rational pricing scheme on commodity...
- 3. Fix the image. Heller, Laura // DSN Retailing Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p34
Discount-retail store Kmart Corp. has long struggled with its image. First the store tried to distance itself from its bargain basement discount store image. Then it tried to reclaim and update that very image. And now, as it seeks to restructure and emerge from bankruptcy, the issue of an image...