California's Giant Water Project Readies Deal Worth Up to $566M
- Arkansas Water Agency Looks to Far Future, Possible $1B in Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31542, p3
Reports that the Arkansas-based Central Arkansas Water Authority is building a water system that can result in the sale of $1 billion in bonds. Reduction in possible water sources of the authority; Estimated costs of the water system; Means of financing the water system.
- Leading Texans to More Water, Transit, and Tollways. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30857, p6
Focuses on the increased activity among bond issuers in Texas influenced by an anticipated boom in transportation and water resource development in the state within the next 50 years after year 2000. Need for the projects to serve the state's population which is expected to double; Amount of...
- Oklahoma Water Board Tapping SRF for $125M Triple-A Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p40
Reports on the issuance of fund revenue bonds by the Oklahoma Water Resources Board. Rating of the bonds; Senior manager for the negotiated bond deal; Bond counsel.
- Ohio Agency Begins Retail Orders On $128M of Fresh Water Debt. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33084, p32
The article reports that Ohio Water Development Authority will start taking on $128 million of fixed-rate revenue refunding bonds for its triple-A rated fresh water program. It states that the bonds will refund $105 million of commercial paper and $16 million of 1998 fresh water bonds. It notes...
- State, Local Officials Press Congress for More Sewer Funds. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p5
Reports that a group representing sewer authorities in the U.S. called on Congress on July 8, 2004, to approve pending legislation that will provide through 2006 $1.5 billion in grants to states and local governments to help upgrade aging sewer systems and prevent combined storm sewer and...
- N.M. Highway Commission Sells $177.5M to Refund, Widen 'Hazardous' Road. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p6
Reports on plans of New Mexico State highway Commission to issue revenue bonds to refund debt sold in 1996 and raise money for widening of a 36-mile risky stretch of highway in the state. Features of bonds; Ratings given by Moody's and Standard & Poor's Corp. to the highway commission; Issues...
- Parched Texas Looks Way Ahead. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;10/25/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33604, p1
The article reports on the six billion dollars bond program called Proposition 2 and Proposition 8 which are being considered by voters in Texas to address water shortage and the need of funds for water development projects. Texas Veterans Land Board (TVLB) executive director Melanie Callahan...
- Fitch Upgrades Florida Documentary Stamp Revs to AA-Minus. // Bondbuyer.com;8/21/2015, p1
Fitch Ratings said it has upgraded to AA-minus from A the state of Florida Department of Environmental Protection's (DEP) $216.225 million Everglades Restoration revenue bonds and the $1.155 billion DEP Florida Forever revenue bonds.
- S&P Lifts Oklahoma Water Program To AAA. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/15/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F345, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has upgraded the rating for the Oklahoma Water Resources Board's state loan program revenue bonds to AAA from AA-plus as of November 2013. According to the firm's credit analyst James Breeding, the upgrade in rating reflects the board's...