- Rare Rand McNally road map. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p4
Presents statistical information on sales of Rand McNally, the Skokie-based producer of maps, books, travel tickets, baggage and travel software for 1995. Where financial figures show increase and decrease; Reasons for disappointing results; Comments from Dean Hammond, chairman of Hammond...
- Rand McNally. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;08/25/97, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p54
Presents information on the negotiations by Rand McNally with AEA Investors Incorporated for a route which will enable shareholders to liquidate some of their investment. Information on the hiring of Goldman Sachs and Company to help indentify potential buyers.
- Scouting out road delays. Bowen, Charles // Editor & Publisher;08/15/98, Vol. 131 Issue 33, p29
Features Rand McNally & Co.'s Web site. Information on road construction; Site Map area; City Profiles; Budget Tips; Business Travel link.
- Rand McNally acquires Nicholstone holdings. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;8/24/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 38, p32
Reports that Rand McNally and Company has announced the acquisition of Nicholstone Holdings Inc., the parent company of Nicholstone Software Services Corporation, Nicholstone Looseleaf Company and Nicholstone Bindery. Details of Nicholstone and Rand McNally; How the acquisition could benefit...
- Rand McNally moves to CTP. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;9/11/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 37, p31
Reports on Rand McNally's use of the computer-to-plate system to produce long runs of products such as encyclopedias and book club orders. Features of the system; Development of the technology; Implications for the book publishing industry.
- Rand McNally launches content-licensing unit. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;3/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 12, p18
Announces the formation of a Cartographic and Information Services division at Rand McNally Publishing Group. The division to aggressively market and license its customized maps, digital databases and applications to print and electronic publishers.
- A sale? IPO? The borders shift on Rand McNally map. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;02/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the restructure of family owned-Rand McNally company. Projections for changes at the company; History of Rand McNally.
- Rand McNally to update 3-digit ZIP code index. // Traffic World;12/20/93, Vol. 236 Issue 12, p33
Reports on Rand McNally-TDM's updating of its three-digit ZIP electronic index. Use of revised data based on the 1993 US Postal Directory; Integration of data into systems used for cost analysis, freight rating and auditing.
- Rand McNally returns to children's trade market. Goddard, Connie // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 21, p51
Announces Rand McNally's return to the trade market with several new series of books for children, all with low price points. Reasons for the new line; Comment by Henry Feinberg, president of Rand McNally's publishing division; Discovery Atlas series, available in June 1993; Where Are We series...