Scholastic Adds New Talent to Its Early-Childhood Learning Initiative
- Talking a Lead. Roberts, Alan // Scholastic Choices;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p29
An interview with Akimi Gibson, vice president and publisher of the Scholastic Classroom & Library Group in the U.S. The interview has been focused at the present career of Gibson which is connected in the publishing business. Gibson emphasizes on some of the important skills that a personnel...
- Gary Gentel Joins Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p20
Announces the appointment of Gary Gentel as vice president and director for sales for the trade division at Scholastic. Duties of Gentel; His career background.
- Scholastic begins reorganization of book group; new clubs chief. // Publishers Weekly;3/10/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 10, p11
Informs that Scholastic has revamped the leadership of its school book club business. Naming of Judy Newman as book group senior vice president; Details of Newman's background; Role of senior vice president Jean Feiwel, as publisher.
- New Scholastic Exec To Focus On Multicultural Marketing. // Educational Marketer;12/13/99, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p3
Deals with the move of Scholastic Inc. to add Anne Kenney, company's former staffing and diversity director, as its director of multicultural marketing.
- Kenney to New Marketing Post. // Publishers Weekly;11/22/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 47, p16
Announces that Scholastic named Anne Kenney as director of multicultural marketing. Why the position was created; Comments from Kenney; Previous position of Kenney at the same company.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p6
Cites Reg Maton's appointment as chief information officer for Scholastic.
- Jacobs named to new post at Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;11/3/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 45, p11
Reports that Michael Jacobs and Jennifer Pasanen have been appointed to Scholastic's book group in the fall of 1997. Details on the restructuring of the book group.
- Ford Joins Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;9/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 36, p24
Announces the appointment of Beth Ford as senior vice-president of global operations at Scholastic. Her career background; Her job responsibilities.
- People In the News. Hurst, Marianne // Education Week;1/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p5
Offers news briefs on education in the United States as of January 30, 2002. Hiring of Marta L. Tellado by the Center for National Policy; Resignation of Jim E. Holt, the superintendent of the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District in Alaska; Hiring of Pam Abrams by Scholastic Incorporated.