States Cope With Teacher Quality
- IN THE NEWS. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2001, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p16
No abstract available.
- A SUMMERTIME SOLUTION. Kinnaman, Daniel E. // Curriculum Administrator;Aug2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p104
Questions whether teachers need the summer off in the United States. Teachers having five weeks of paid vacations; Ways to reinvigorate the teaching profession; Increase in teachers' salaries; Development of partnerships with higher education.
- Teachers rate occupational skills low priority. // Vocational Education Journal;Jan94, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p41
Presents the findings of a survey on schools and school personnel in the United States. Skills given priority; Provision of basic literacy; Average age for a public school teacher; Experience levels of teachers; Diversity of school workforce; Compensation trends.
- Alliance Seeks to Develop IT Faculty Development. // T H E Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the impact of the alliance between corporate and educational leaders on community and technical college faculty development in the U.S. Establishment of the Working Connections Information Technology Faculty Development Institute; Financial context of the alliance in community...
- Teachers agree stress needed on `the basics'. Ponessa, Jeanne // Education Week;2/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the result of the survey conducted by Public Agenda on the views of teachers about public education. Support for a higher academic standard; Earlier reports published by Public Agenda; Need for teaching the basics; Reaction of teachers' union officials and education policymakers;...
- Teachers' Idealism Tempered by Frustration, Survey Finds. Blair, Julie // Education Week;05/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p6
Presents information on a survey conducted by Public Agenda regarding the working conditions and skills of teachers in the United States. Educators' range of frustrations; Reason for the difficulty of their jobs; Significance of state certification for teachers.
- 25 years of growth. Cook, Jimmie // Teaching Pre K-8;May96, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p30
Reminisces on education events in the past 25 years which have an impact on teachers in the United States. Start of `Teaching PreK-8' periodical in 1971; Approval of the Women's Educational Equity Act in 1974 and the Educational Improvement and Consolidation Act in 1981; Publication of the book...
- washington scene. Lewis, Anne C. // Education Digest;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p66
Discusses the issue of what constitutes a qualified teacher confronting education officials under the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. Two documents that spelled out what the administration means by high qualified; Attribute of qualified teacher considered most important; Number...
- Expanding the Leadership Team. Lieberman, Ann // Educational Leadership;Feb88, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p4
Examines the expansion of the leadership role of teachers in the U.S. Autonomy, responsibility and status of teachers; Changes in the conditions of teachers and teaching; Improvement of education.
- Why Teach? Anderson, Torran // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Spring2005, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p144
Presents an article about teaching. Challenges faced by a teacher in the U.S.; Reasons for the interest of a man in teaching.