Educators Speak Out On Their K-12 Needs
- New Philadelphia Public Schools CEO Keynotes At Simba Information's Education Conference. // Educational Marketer;8/12/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p1
Reports that Paul G. Vallas, the chief executive officer of the public schools in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will be the luncheon keynote speaker at Simba Information's education conference entitled 'Making Education Reform Work for You' on October 22, 2002.
- Barnett Headlines Simba Early Childhood Conference. // Electronic Education Report;9/3/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p5
This article highlights the Ready to Learn: Opportunities in the Early Childhood Education Market Conference, to be presented by Simba Information Inc. on Oct. 21, 2004 in New York City. Conference speakers will address the impacts of education initiatives to help publishers navigate the...
- National Education Reform Conference on Labor-Management Collaboration. // NSTA Express;10/18/2010, p4
The article presents information on a National Education Reform Conference on Labor-Management Collaboration, to be held in the U.S. in early 2011.
- Local leaders focus on key issues facing union. // New York Teacher;5/20/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 16, p16S
Information on the Pre-RA Local and Retiree Council Presidents Conference is presented wherein several topics were discussed including national health care reform, educational reform and unemployment benefits for higher education teachers.
- Rebuilding Haiti through Education. // Language Magazine;Apr2012, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p16
Information about the HaÃ¬tÃ Educ '2012 held in different regions of the Caribbean, where educators and experts tackled on ways to rebuild the Haitan education system, to discuss different levels of education and to make vocational training accessible to underserved places.
- Graphic Novel Market Continues to Grow Despite Weak Economy. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2009, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p11
The article provides an analysis on the economic condition of the graphic novel industry in the U.S. It cites the third annual New York Comic Convention in February 2009 which offers a comprehensive discussion on graphic novel industry's condition. The "Overview of the U.S. Comic Book and...
- Simba's Online Publishing Conference. Chuck, Lysbeth B. // Information Today;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p22
Comments on Simba Information's Fourth Annual Online Publishing Conference entitled `Product, Price and Promotion Strategies for the Online Business Market,' held February 15-17, 1999 at Orlando, Florida's Renaissance Resort. Attendees and exhibitors; Topics discussed; Panels presented; Brief...
- How Are We Going to Transform Education? // Russian Education & Society;Aug2011, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p36
Changes in the kinds of technology used in modern society are changing the ways in which people think. Russian students, like those elsewhere, are increasingly thinking in terms of short, unconnected forms of knowledge and are losing the ability to see connections, to think holistically. This...
- Philadelphia Schools' New CEO Tackles NCLB. // Electronic Education Report;11/8/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p6
Highlights the keynote address of Paul Vallas, chief executive officer of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania schools, at Simba Information's 2002 education conference, on how to implement federal education reform.