- Houghton Mifflin sale completed. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/7/2003, Vol. 376 Issue 39, p73
Reports that Vivendi Universal completed its sale of U.S. publishing house Houghton Mifflin Co. to a group of private investors for more than a billion in cash. Members of the consortium that bought the publishing house.
- Vivendi Looking for Higher Bids for Houghton Mifflin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, p9
Reports the plan of Vivendi Universal to reopen the bidding process for the sale of its publishing company Houghton Mifflin in Europe and Latin America. Reason for considering the reopening of the disposal process; Consortium that made an offer for all of Vivendi Universal Publishing; Concerns...
- Vivendi in Deal to Sell Houghton Mifflin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p9
Focuses on the preliminary agreement reached by Vivendi Universal to sell Houghton Mifflin to a private equity consortium. Price of the sale; Equity groups defeated by the winning consortium.
- Vivendi Says It Will Sell Houghton After All. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p15
Reports on the plan of Vivendi to sell publisher, Houghton. Reason for the decision; Possible buyers of Houghton; Changes in the management of Houghton.
- Vivendi to Sell Houghton Mifflin to Pay Debt? // Educational Marketer;7/15/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p4
Examines whether Vivendi Universal SA will sell educational publishing subsidiary Houghton Mifflin Co. to pay debts. Anti-trust issues; Crossovers in textbooks.
- Sale Plans Won't Settle HM's Long Term Fate. // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p2
Reports that Vivendi Universal plans to sell its Houghton Mifflin publishing unit. Implication of the planned sale on the business operations and survival of the publishing company.
- VIVENDI U CLIMBS. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;7/2/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 21, p5
Reports the plan of Vivendi Universal in reducing capital stocks in the United States. Advantages of its capital reduction; Purchase proposal of Vivendi on Houghton Mifflin; Significance of the HartScott-Rodino Antitrust Act on the purchase of publicly traded Mifflin.
- Houghton Mifflin In Early Sale Talks. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 22, p21
Reports on the speculations that Houghton Mifflin and Vivendi Universal are in preliminary negotiations for a possible business deal. Financial performance of Houghton Mifflin for year 2000; Views of analysts.
- Speculation Mounts over Houghton Mifflin's Future. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/15/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 28, p10
Focuses on the growing speculation over a potential divestiture of Houghton Mifflin (HM) Inc. by Vivendi. Problems facing companies that will acquire HM; Potential candidates for the HM acquisition.