Harcourt Carries Alabama Science Adoption, As State Grapples with Funding Woes
- Harcourt Reorganizes Publishing Arm. Branch Jr., Alfred // Curriculum Administrator;Jan2000, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the reorganization of educational publisher Harcourt. Division of the company into four customer-focused segments; New presidents appointed for each group; Roles and responsibilities.
- Harcourt Leads In Potential Orders In 2004 Florida Math Adoption. // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the indication of Harcourt Brace & Co. among book publishers to lead in orders for the 2004 Florida Math Adoption Show in Orlando, Florida. Report of school districts on titles they intend to purchase on the state Instruction Materials Reporting Web site; Strength of Harcourt in K-5...
- Harcourt Dominates Mississippi Reading/Literature; Schools Spend $18 Million in Year One of Adoption. // Educational Marketer;11/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the domination of Orlando, Florida-based Harcourt Corp. on the 2003 Mississippi K-12 reading and literature adoption market. Percentage on the market share of the company; Sales that can be potentially generated by Harcourt in the elementary department; Closest competitor of the company.
- Harcourt sales, profits up in '96. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/10/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 10, p14
Points to the factors that helped boost sales at Harcourt Brace in 1996, according to parent company Harcourt General. Combination of small acquisitions and internal growth; Charting Harcourt Brace sales by segment for 1996; Elementary; Secondary; College; Testing; STMP; International; Trade;...
- Harcourt raises a banner for children's poetry. Di Marzo, Cindi // Publishers Weekly;3/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p27
Reports that Harcourt Brace's chidren's division has declared April 20--26, 1998 as Children's Poetry Week. Their release of a number of poetry titles; The Poetry Jamboree Kit they are offering to bookstores and teachers; The company's efforts to have one week in April officially named...
- HB Sales Top $1.8 Billion in Fiscal '98. // Publishers Weekly;12/21/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 51, p11
Focuses on the profits of Harcourt Brace, publishing business of Harcourt General for the fiscal year 1998. Percentage profit increase of the business; Sales increase at the company's Worldwide STM Group; Earnings of the company's largest operating unit.
- Sales increase 14% at Harcourt Brace. // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p12
Reports on increased sales at Harcourt Brace for the year ending October 31, 1997. Gains led by its elementary publishing group; Other facts and figures.
- Harcourt Brace has `money honey.' J.Q. // Publishers Weekly;11/24/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 48, p21
Reports that Harcourt Brace executive editor Andre Bernard signed the CNBC business reporter and finance-show host Maria Bartiromo (Money Honey). How Bartiromo's book will be an investment guide with a special focus on investment for young women with autobiographical details.
- Willen Wins PEN/Klein Award. // Publishers Weekly;2/22/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p11
Reports that Harcourt Brace senior editor Drenka Willen has won the 1998 PEN/Roger Klein Editorial Award. Details on Willen's career as editor.