Do your employees suffer from technophobia?
- Are you technophobic? Help is on the way. Conroy, Cathryn // Public Relations Tactics;Jun95, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on how to deal with technophobia, the fear to technology. Technophobia as the fear of the unknown; Suggested steps to follow to recover from technophobia.
- Technophobia--the designers' fault? Halligan, Tom // Electronic Design;10/01/97, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p16
Editorial. Focuses on the fear of technology. Why technophobia is so prevalent; Factors influencing technophobia; Persons most likely to be affected by technophobia.
- CAN SCIENCE TURN A PROFIT? Ramo, Simon // National Review;9/28/1979, Vol. 31 Issue 39, Special Section p12
The article comments the wave of anti-technology public opinion, one of the reasons for the deceleration of technological innovation in the U.S. Key issues discussed include the reasons why a significant fraction of the American public seems to equate technology with the devil, as well as the...
- Quelle alternative Ã la domination rhÃ©torique de la technophobie? ANDRIEU, BERNARD // Australian Journal of French Studies (Australian Journal of Fren;May-Aug2011, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p215
The article presents a reflection on the concept of technophobia, which refers to a fear of the effects of technology and of technology itself. According to the article, the central argument of the technophobic rhetoric is the disappearing of the human dimension in technology, in other words the...
- Comment mesurer la relation humain-technologies-organisation? Ã‰laboration d'un questionnaire de mesure de la relation humain-technologieorganisation basÃ©e sur le modÃ¨le de la symbiose. Brangier, Éric; Hammes, Sonia // Pistes: Perspectives Interdisciplinaires sur le Travail et la Sa;2007, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on the association between technologies and human beings. Information and communication technologies can contribute towards adequate functioning of organizations. Studies have revealed that new technologies increase anxiety among new users. A method for measuring...
- IMAGINING TOMORROW. Thomas, Jim // USA Today Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 130 Issue 2674, p68
Focuses on the impact of technological advancements on many aspects of life. Factors that led to developments in information technology; Benefits of information technology; How to address the challenge of information overload.
- Comfort and strength in chaos. Pitroda, Sam // Siliconindia;Feb2000, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p92
Discusses how people and society cope with the chaos created by information technology. Reasons why the East Indians cope with chaos very well; Social transformation and diversity in the workplace brought about by technology; Reasons why East Indians will rule the 21st century in technology.
- National commentary. Pretzer, Mary // Business Credit;May98, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p4
Opinion. Comments on the social effects of technological advancements. Highlights of several technologies available; Psychological effects of technology; Reference to the book `Why Things Bite Back: Technology and the Revenge of Unintended Consequences,' by Edward Tenner.
- Given the choice. Fierheller, George // Business Quarterly;Spring94, Vol. 58 Issue 3, The Information... p99
Cautions against the effects of technology on personal lives. Influence of information technologies on personal choices; Advanced Intelligent Network; Digital mobile communication; Effect on time and space as reference points of existence; Challenge of being an effective worker and an effective...