War threat forces Laura Ashley to run for cover
- Store closures reduce Laura Ashley sales. // Cabinet Maker;9/16/2011, Issue 5755, p9
The article reports on the declining retail sales of Laura Ashley following the closures of its unprofitable stores in Great Britain.
- Laura Ashley. // Cabinet Maker;05/19/2000, Issue 5188, p10
Evaluates the furniture store of Laura Ashley located at 90 George Street in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Laura Ashley to roll out standalone home furnishing stores. // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p5
Cites the plan of British firm Laura Ashley Holdinsg PLC to open more standalone home furnishings store and increase the space devoted to home furnishings in existing stores.
- Laura Ashley Home in on flourishing furniture. // Cabinet Maker;5/10/2002, Issue 5286, p1
Reports the launch of several standalone Home stores by Laura Ashley in Great Britain. Increase of furniture sales; Consequence of refining and improving existing product range; Opening of a distribution center in Leicestershire.
- Sale of Ashley units clinched. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/2/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 2, p3
Reports on a management and investment team's acquisition of Laura Ashley women's wear and home furnishing stores in the United States and Canada from Laura Ashley Holdings. Banks' conditions for extending financing to the cash-strapped company; Terms under the acquisition deal; Turn-around...
- Laura Ashley in U-turn on Homebase outlets. // Marketing Week;9/20/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p7
Announces the plan of Laura Ashley to open more Homebase stores in Great Britain. Reversal of decision to close concessions in the stores; Overhauling of Homebase stores; Test in selling contemporary jewelry.
- New look for Laura Ashley. // Housewares;Aug2007, Issue 208, p6
The article reports on the trial of a redesigned fascia by homeware and fashion retailer Laura Ashley at the chain's Laura Ashley Home Twickenham branch in London, England. The new insignia features Laura Ashley in capitals and the word Home in smaller letters on a bright green background....
- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/22/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 131, p2
Presents news briefs on the U.S. clothing industry as of June 22, 2005. Emergence of Eddie Bauer Inc. as an independent company from the Spiegel Inc. Chapter 11 reorganization process; Plan of British retailer Laura Ashley for its Regent Street flagship; Information on the BG bar and restaurant...
- Frock horror. Senter, Al // Director (00123242);Mar1998, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the fluctuating business of retailer Laura Ashley. Details on the overstock at Laura Ashley's stores; Details on the economic situation of the company; How the company can overcome its economic situation; Company's announcement to leave the manufacturing industry; Reference made to...