- Clara Freeman. Davidson, Andrew // Management Today;Jan2000, p60
Interviews Clara Freeman, executive director and head of Great Britain stores for Marks & Spencer. Efforts to build a level playing field for British working women as head of the Opportunity Now organization; Initiatives to boost the profitability of the firm's stores; Educational background;...
- THE MARZIPAN PHENOMENON. Gwyther, Matthew // Management Today;Jul2006, p7
The article discusses various articles published within this issue. The 35 Women Under 35 list includes ridiculously youthful and hugely successful businesswomen in Great Britain. They include head-hunters, lawyers and accountants. The youngest of them runs a metal-pressing business in Midlands....
- M&S Lures Bostock From George. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/14/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 102, p12
Reports on Marks & Spencer PLC's appointment of Kate Bostock as director of its women's wear replacing Steve Longdon. Previous responsibilities and success of Bostock as Asda; Traits which earned Bostock the position.
- M&S on the double at glittering prize night. Hillier, Andy // Third Sector;5/20/2014, Issue 798, p4
The article announces some of the awardees at "Third Sector's" 2014 Business Charity Awards including retailer Marks & Spencer for the Employment Scheme and Overseas Project categories, Cristy Cunnick, managing director of telephone fundraising firm Ethicall as Business Charity Champion, and...
- Wade-Gery promoted to retail boss as M&S shakes up boardroom. Montague-Jones, Guy // Grocer;7/5/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8162, p58
The article announces that multichannel executive director Laura Wade-Gery was appointed head of Marks & Spencer's retail in Great Britain.
- Mixed fortunes as high street recovers from the seasonal highs and lows. // Frontline Solutions;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the Christmas sales of Marks and Spencer company. Increase on sales; Comment from the Financial Times Lex; Recovery of high street business.
- Call for caution over scrapping of final salary schemes. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p3
Reports the implication of the closing of the final salary pensions schemes upon the expansion of Marks & Spencer in Great Britain. Development of the occupational pension schemes; Alternative ways of funding the employee contributions.
- M&S opens Home store. // Housewares;Sep/Oct97, Issue 136, p6
Announces that Marks and Spencer has opened a stand-alone home furnishings store in York in August of 1997. Description of the Coppergate store; M&S home furnishings sales.
- M&S yearly profits up 5%. // DIY Week;6/4/2010, p02
The article reports on the 4.6 percent increase in the profit of Marks & Spencer (M&S) for the year ended March 27, 2010.